Possible Early April Return

jdgibney

Been too long since I've been around, so I figured I'd reacquaint myself with the beginnings of a plan to come back in early April. I'm working in Las Vegas for Spartan Race April 5th and 6th. Not sure if it'd be better to travel after working, or before working, or maybe a little before and more after, etc... but I'd love to plan a 10 day-2 week trip out that way near that time. It'd be awesome if I could finally meet up with some of you cats that I've enjoyed chatting with and sharing photos with over the last few years...

I'd love to get out to Coyote Gulch, and White Pocket, as well as some other off the beaten path places I've yet to see (maybe a west rim hike in Zion?) Anyway, just starting to kick around some ideas...

I'm all about getting in on this. I'd love to hit the trail with you for a few days. And what a perfect time of year for it!

Might be too early for the West Rim - depends on what kind of winter we have.

I'm all about getting in on this. I'd love to hit the trail with you for a few days. And what a perfect time of year for it!

Might be too early for the West Rim - depends on what kind of winter we have.
It would be nice to finally meet you. Maybe we can plan a BCP get together or something one weekend you are around?

it would be great to meet you guys too!

I have to wait until I get our schedule for next year (half of the dates are set the rest are coming in slowly) to definitively plan something (in case we have something the weekend before and/or after that I'm expected to be at, it won't be both that's for sure.

I'm also, a month later, working at one in Colorado Springs one weekend and then Montana (just south of Glacier N.P. the following weekend, and I'm trying to find a way to drive between the two, through Tetons/Yellowstone if possible, not sure it's logistically sound (renting a car one way from Co to Montana would be extremely pricey), but I've done wackier things...

Well maybe we will meet up again in some sweet place like last time!
I hope so! I'd love to check out some of the sick sunset spots on the lake that you guys always get...

Once I know more about my travel schedule next year, I'll be able to fit in a few extra days (maybe a week here and there) whenever I can

So, it looks like I'm NOT working the event in Nevada this time, but I AM working in Midway, Utah, Sat, June 28 (then speeding to Colorado (Steamboat Springs) the next day to my cousin's wedding, not sure logistically how I'm going to do it yet but anyway....

I'm debating coming out a week earlier and heading down to Moab to see more of Arches/Canyonlands areas. If I could round some people up to meet up with, it would be awesome. I'm going to fly into SLC, I'm not sure when yet (still have to get permission from the boss..err... lady friend, but I can be very persuasive ;) ) but I'm hoping the Friday before (June 20th).

I'd love to see some of the Needles area of Canyonlands, more of Arches, and try my hand at night sky photography in some of the parks. Anyway, just thinking outloud. If anyone is available during that week to meet up in/around Moab, It'd be pretty cool!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Escalante area 4-5 night backpack trip suggestions in late September. Loop if possible. Limit technical sections if any. Thanks! Backpacking 6
Janice Loop possible with Boulder Mail Trail? Noobs: Introduce yourself! 8
George_Washington_Hayduke Possible to go up Red Breaks? Trip Planning 5
Brian Skibbe 8+ day backpacking trip in the Teton wilderness in May/June. Hunting(small game)/fishing possible? Trip Planning 29
Laura Possible Dam on the Green River in WY General Discussion 3
intuitive cat Possible Escalante, Utah Fracking General Discussion 23
powderglut Possible Solution To Government Bureaucracy General Discussion 1
J Question on possible critters n south central Utah..... General Discussion 14
regehr looking for a mountain range with few mosquitoes in early/mid August Trip Planning 12
Janice San Juan Mtns - late June too early? Trip Planning 4
C Teton Wilderness Early July Trip Planning 16
shredhiker Maroon Bells early October 2022 Backpacking 14
M Suggestions for early April in Arizona, 2-3 nights Trip Planning 2
forest dweller Where to go, last minute, early August, with wife, for 2 weeks, with no backcountry permits? Trip Planning 25
norwegianxplorer Early Season Solo Backpacking during Snowmelt Runoff in Norway Backpacking 0
E Water in the Needles early-May 2021 Trip Planning 3
Jeremy C Early season run to Horseshoe Basin Hiking & Camping 7
M Suggestions for a 10 day backpacking trip in early June Trip Planning 8
Nethos Southern Utah - Late October & Early November 2020 Trip Planning 16
RyanP 5-day Winds trip in early Sep---suggestions? Trip Planning 18
Born to Hike Early June 3-day jaunt on the Uinta Highline Trail: Naturalist Basin, Pinto Lake, Margo Lake Backpacking 8
pstm13 HELP NEEDED- Idaho in Early June for 2-3 Days Trip Planning 6
Happyidiot Winds in Early August Trip Planning 7
Yvonne first backpacking trip in the Beartooths, early August Trip Planning 13
SteveR Got Snow? Early Season Alberta Skiing Winter Sports 2
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
R 6 Day 5 Night hike Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake early August advice Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
wabenho Sawtooth Creek Crossings (early season) Trip Planning 4
RyanP Lower Death Hollow next week (late May/early June), miscellaneous questions Trip Planning 16
Perry Early Winter Day Hike to Packard Lake Plus Murdock Fire Recon Hiking & Camping 9
M Zion West Rim Trail, Early April 2019 Trip Planning 40
McKee80 early september trip possibilities Trip Planning 10
RyanP Water in Needles District in early April this year? Trip Planning 9
K I am hoping to do a 6-8 day packrafting trip on the Dirty Devil in early April. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
C First trip to Yellowstone, early May 2019. Thoughts? Trip Planning 15
RyanP 3-day trip ideas (15-20 miles or so) for late May/early June with good water Trip Planning 9
M Water in Canyonlands Salt Creek early April? Trip Planning 11
Jazzy Joe Looking for Escalante Area Short Backpacking Suggestions Early Spring Trip Planning 21
P Early March in Utah? Trip Planning 11
J Zion Traverse in early December Trip Planning 19
River Early Season Tetons Trip Planning 4
Outdoors24 Overnight in Capitol Reef: A trip that ended early Backpacking 12
A Recommendations for early July? Trip Planning 0
Reef&Ruins Santa Fe New Mexico in Early July Trip Planning 4
Perry Forgive my Non-backcountry Post... Santa Came Early to My House Photography 15
McKee80 early sept sierras trip Trip Planning 9
Wanderlust073 Utah late Oct/early Nov Trip Planning 7
RyanP Wind River Range, early September---how to prepare for weather General Discussion 7
E Layering for Tetons in Early August Trip Planning 22
BryanG Early Season Backpacking Trip into the Uintas Trip Planning 2