Sawtooth Creek Crossings (early season)

wabenho

I'm planing a trip to the Sawtooths for the first of next week (June 30-July 2) and I wonder if any of you Sawtooth experts could help me with some info on creek crossings. I talked to the Stanley Ranger Station today and I think I have a good idea of the snow conditions, but it was harder to get their input on the streams. Specifically, I'm wondering about the stretch of trail from the Redfish inlet TH to Cramer Lakes. Is the stream big? Does it have crossing aids. For example, Hell Roaring seems like a pretty big/swift creek, but there seem to be decent aids/bridges at the crossings. Any thoughts?

TeamJenkins17

I'm planing a trip to the Sawtooths for the first of next week (June 30-July 2) and I wonder if any of you Sawtooth experts could help me with some info on creek crossings. I talked to the Stanley Ranger Station today and I think I have a good idea of the snow conditions, but it was harder to get their input on the streams. Specifically, I'm wondering about the stretch of trail from the Redfish inlet TH to Cramer Lakes. Is the stream big? Does it have crossing aids. For example, Hell Roaring seems like a pretty big/swift creek, but there seem to be decent aids/bridges at the crossings. Any thoughts?
You will be good to go, crossings aren’t bad at all from redfish to Cramer and by then should be even better. It’s an amazing trip, you’re gonna love it.

Attachments

• CDA5C040-3676-4CE7-A4BB-075D6C787F55.jpeg
    CDA5C040-3676-4CE7-A4BB-075D6C787F55.jpeg
    651.4 KB · Views: 16
  • BCEE7B91-05BC-4632-A4C0-1952647D2DD4.jpeg
    BCEE7B91-05BC-4632-A4C0-1952647D2DD4.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 16
  • E0F0A493-377C-44B0-AB9C-8817EF8E97C5.jpeg
    E0F0A493-377C-44B0-AB9C-8817EF8E97C5.jpeg
    558.2 KB · Views: 16
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chuck the Mauler Sawtooth Mountains (Iron Creek - Pettit Lake) Backpacking 25
Parma Sawtooth Loop: Redfish, Hell Roaring, Imogene, Edna, and Cramer Lakes Backpacking 13
NorthwestWanderer Overnight Backpack to Louis Lake, Lake Chelan-Sawtooth Wilderness Backpacking 4
NorthwestWanderer Chelan-Sawtooth Range : Sunrise to Cooney Lake Loop Backpacking 3
Vegan.Hiker Sawtooth Mountains (Redfish Lake to Pettit Lake) Backpacking 22
J Sawtooth Wilderness Backpacking 19
andyjaggy Sawtooth Hitchhiking Trip Planning 9
seekinglost Sawtooth Wilderness, ID - 8 Day Solo Hike August 2017 + Solar Eclipse Backpacking 7
George_Washington_Hayduke North Wash Canyoneering: Sawtooth, Bingo, Hog 3, Hog 4 Canyoneering 2
toddfw2003 Sawtooth Wilderness Petit Lake / Toxiway lake / Allice lake loop Resource Discussions 5
tomcat32 Sawtooth Wilderness Idaho Parking Passes Trip Planning 2
IceChip Sawtooth backpacking advice Trip Planning 4
BryanG Sawtooth Backpacking Suggestions Trip Planning 6
Ross Sawtooth and Wind hikes + Yellowstone favourites Backpacking 12
Kullaberg63 Sawtooth. High Route style trip? Trip Planning 9
Ben Sawtooths, Sawtooth Lake loop Backpacking 8
steve For Sale: (2) Aire Tributary Sawtooth Inflatable Kayaks Gear 14
Bob Sawtooth Mountains Traverse Resource Discussions 7
pstm13 Sawtooth Lake, SNRA Backpacking 22
Melissa Sawtooth or Uintas Recommends Requested Trip Planning 6
Bob Sawtooth Wilderness, Idaho - North to South Traverse Backpacking 25
Duke Goat Lake, Sawtooth Range Backpacking 3
Lowro Tourist Creek, WRR Trip Planning 11
Bushwacker West Clear Creek Ruin Hiking & Camping 2
Miya Beach Backpacking and Creek Bed Sleeping Backpacking 29
norwegianxplorer Summiting Mount Whitney from Guitar Lake, 6 Days backpacking the Sierra before the Creek Fire closed everything down. Backpacking 5
scatman Cache Creek, Yellowstone National Park - September 10, 2020 Backpacking 8
norwegianxplorer Sequoia National Park just before the Creek Fire Backpacking 6
P Salt Creek water Backpacking 2
Arizona Jones Wet Beaver Creek Arizona, Backpack Trip Backpacking 8
B Thorofare loop (almost) Cabin Creek, Hawk's Rest, Ishawooa Creek 8/11-19 Backpacking 8
scatman Pebble Creek, Yellowstone National Park - August 14, 2020 Backpacking 42
norwegianxplorer Greater Yellowstone part 2, from the Headwaters of Yellowstone River, through the Thorofare, Overlook Mountain, Rampart Creek Backpacking 9
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking the Lost River Range in Idaho : Bear Creek Lake & Upper Basin Backpacking 7
andyjaggy Deep Creek Lakes and Windriver Peak Trip Planning 6
B Thorofare loop from Deer Creek Trip Planning 20
regehr "Sulphur Creek is flashing" Canyoneering 0
ramblinman Boulder Creek Day Hike, Escalante National Monument Hiking & Camping 5
norwegianxplorer Muddy Creek 6 day backpacking loop with My Own Frontier Backpacking 5
S Hansen Creek Rio Grande NF Conejos River Trip Planning 3
NorthwestWanderer 3 days in Idaho/Oregon's Hells Canyon: Pittsburgh Landing to Willow Creek Backpacking 2
I Water in Frisky Creek south of Highway 12 in the Grand Staircase? Trip Planning 0
RyanP Coyote Gulch to Halls Creek via Stevens Canyon Trip Planning 28
Blake Merrell Fossil Creek Backpacking 10
ram A Christmas Pine Creek/Keyhole Canyoneering 1
Kullaberg63 Pack Creek to Castle Valley - below the rim. Backpacking 0
westy Fishhawk Creek, Washakie Wilderness Area Trip Planning 4
Blake Merrell Clear Creek Reservoir On The Water 6
P West fork of Salt Creek? Trip Planning 4
Tim Valentine Big Pine Creek Eastern Sierra Backpacking 10