New BCP Supporter Program & Store!

Backcountry Post

Official Information
Staff member
supporter-banner.jpg

Don't want to read about it, just go here: Supporter Program. Or keep reading...

Keeping Backcountry Post running takes a lot of time and money. Until now we have relied solely on advertisements and volunteer labor to cover costs such as server space, maintenance, updates and software. But as the site continues to grow, the math just doesn't add up. Looking to the future, it's obvious that we need a sustainable way to keep the site funded and operating so that it can continue to be a great resource for years to come.

The new Supporter Program gives users the option to contribute to Backcountry Post on a monthly, annual or one-time basis. You can choose how often and how much you'd like to donate, starting at as little as $3 per month or $35 per year. Or if you're not into subscriptions, you can choose the Lifetime Supporter package and enjoy supporter benefits forever.

Supporting members will receive many benefits, including:
  • Free Backcountry Post 34 oz wide mouth water bottle (like a Nalgene wide mouth).
  • Free Backcountry Post sticker pack.
  • A standing 20% supporting member discount in the Backcountry Post store for hats, shirts, stickers and anything else we put up for sale for the life of your supporter membership. (no combining discounts, exclusions may apply)
  • A classy badge next to your name and profile picture showing the world that you are a Backcountry Post Supporter.
  • No ads for the duration of your supporter subscription. Zero. Zip. Zilch. (yes, there aren't many now, but that will be changing for non-supporters)
  • The joy of knowing you keep BCP going!
  • More benefits to be announced soon.

Every dollar raised through the BCP Supporter Program and Store will go back into Backcountry Post to keep the lights on and keep the site working and looking great for years to come.

For those of you not interested in becoming a supporting member, that's okay! The site is still fully functional for all members. And if you just want to buy a shirt or a hat, that helps us out a lot as well. We appreciate all of your support whether it's financial or just being a part of the community!

For a limited time, anyone purchasing a supporter package will receive 25% off everything else in your cart, including the new Backcountry Post shirts that are now on pre-order until March 19th. And don't forget that supporting members always get 20% off of their entire order on future orders.

Note: At this time we are unable to sync user accounts between the main BCP site and the store so you will need to create a new account there in order to make a purchase. Please use the same email/username as you do on BCP as we hope to remedy this in the future.

Links:
Backcountry Post Store
Supporter Packages

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it. Finally gives me relief that you have the financial means to keep my BCP online to enjoy and give @Scat and the rest of you fond grief!

? Is this a :) or a :(?

@Nick, I was looking at your memberships and it appears that you charge shipping for just a membership. Am I reading that correctly?

? Is this a :) or a :(?

@Nick, I was looking at your memberships and it appears that you charge shipping for just a membership. Am I reading that correctly?

That's because each membership includes a water bottle and stickers that must be shipped. If anyone wants to do a supporter membership without that stuff, I can set you up with a coupon code to nix the shipping fee.

That's because each membership includes a water bottle and stickers that must be shipped. If anyone wants to do a supporter membership without that stuff, I can set you up with a coupon code to nix the shipping fee.

Should have read the fine print before moving ahead. :)

Hey, Nick, I'm happy to support the forum, but I've got enough water bottles to keep everyone in the State of Montana hydrated for a month or two, so can I get that coupon code from you to nix that shipping fee?

Hey, Nick, I'm happy to support the forum, but I've got enough water bottles to keep everyone in the State of Montana hydrated for a month or two, so can I get that coupon code from you to nix that shipping fee?

You got it! Use coupon code 'NOSWAG18' and it will discount the shipping to $0 and we will not send you the free water bottle and sticker pack. To everyone else - don't use that code unless you do NOT want the water bottle and stickers! It is not valid for other items like shirts.

THANK YOU all so much!! The response has been amazing and I'm overwhelmed by the warm fuzzies! This morning I was able to hire some developers to help with our upcoming redesign and updates including the new user Trip Report features mentioned in another thread. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Update!

The shirt order went to the printer this morning. They should be here in a couple weeks and then they'll get shipped right out along with the water bottles, hats and stickers that were also on those orders and included with supporter packs.

All of you that did a supporter package should be setup to get 20% off all future purchases while you are a supporter. You need to be logged into the store for the discount to show up in your cart. A couple of you that did lifetime packages didn't create an account so I can't set you up, but let me know before you place an order in the future and I'll get it added to your store account.

Thanks again to all of you for the support. The funds are already being used to get some big updates rolling. There should be a lot of progress on that in the next few weeks. Let me know if you ever have any ideas or suggestions that we could implement to make the place better.