Utah and Federal Lands

If Utah takes over the Federal lands the cost of managing wildfires will actually be much less then in the past. The State will sell off all the land to private developers, who will then take over the responsibility of managing their land. That is the point of the land transfer, it is to get the land into private ownership. Herbert is a real estate guy, and has received a large number of campaign contributions from real estate companies in Utah.

Just like what is happening in Montana and Wyoming, large tracks of land will be locked up in private ownership. Ranchers, Fisherman, and Environmentalists will no longer have the freedom of movement they currently enjoy over Federally managed lands. This transfer is a threat to environments, Ranchers, Hunters, and Offroaders alike.

If Utah takes over the Federal lands the cost of managing wildfires will actually be much less then in the past. The State will sell off all the land to private developers, who will then take over the responsibility of managing their land. That is the point of the land transfer, it is to get the land into private ownership. Herbert is a real estate guy, and has received a large number of campaign contributions from real estate companies in Utah.

Just like what is happening in Montana and Wyoming, large tracks of land will be locked up in private ownership. Ranchers, Fisherman, and Environmentalists will no longer have the freedom of movement they currently enjoy over Federally managed lands. This transfer is a threat to environments, Ranchers, Hunters, and Offroaders alike.

Private owners aren't interested in managing those wildfires. We really can't separate environments from the people that live near them.

Excellent post fiber. I appreciate you posting this Bob and having gotten too political with you a few days ago and since you had the decency to not cast this overtly politically even though it cannot be separated from politics I'll simply suggest the HUBRIS of this, IMO, ultimately nefarious and deceitful agenda is something every American that owns just as much of a per capita share of Beehive State lands as any Beehiver should IMO be disgusted with whether they are fortunate to live in UT or not, and they should fight this IMO unforgivable deceit with every fiver [thanks again fiber] of their being. If the desire for this ludicrous course goes on much longer I'd look for a lot more than Black Diamond to leave your extant wonderful state. The arrogance to even suggest that these lands belong to Utah and not the country is emblematic of how more and more misinformed far too many of us are becoming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, just posted it because of the interest in natural resources and land management by people on the forum. Not taking a stand either way. Info only. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
SteveR SE Utah Bugs in May? General Discussion 3
B Southern Utah March suggestions? Trip Planning 5
desertvic Howdy from rural Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Ugly Floating Island- Utah Trip Planning 8
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
J Identify the spot Utah: I don't know where it is General Discussion 2
BeardoMcGrath Oh look yet another Utah conditions thread: mid May 2023 Trip Planning 9
Vegan.Hiker 8 day trip to Utah Trip Planning 10
ww.joedirt.do Hello from Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Martyn Hi from Hurricane Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
B Good trips in Southern Utah given current conditions Trip Planning 26
saltybird SE Utah NPs in April Trip Planning 13
C Grand Gulch Cedar Mesa Utah 11 Day Backpack October 2022 Backpacking 10
T Amazing Discovery in Utah-Glen Canyon Trip Planning 65
V four day backpacking trip in southern Utah starting this weekend Trip Planning 4
regehr recent Utah meteorite General Discussion 0
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Final Part Backpacking 11
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 5 Backpacking 3
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 4 Backpacking 10
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 3 Backpacking 4
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 2 Backpacking 5
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 1 Backpacking 6
Rudolf_The_Red Hello from BFE, Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
H location of thirteen faces-horse canyon Utah Hiking & Camping 4
TrailScot Dripping Canyon to Grand Gulch, Cedar Mesa, Utah - March 2022 Hiking & Camping 7
H Horse Canyon needles district Utah Off Road 0
S Howdy from Utah!! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
D jackets found in southern Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
kwc Southern Utah Accommodations Question General Discussion 10
C Utah Mountains in Late May Trip Planning 12
CodyL Southern Utah in January Backpacking 14
T Southern Utah Backpacking ideas for MLK Weekend? Trip Planning 21
U greetings from southwest Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Jumper84 Hello from Kearns, Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Parma The Best Arch in Utah is... General Discussion 20
Jazerrad Parunweap Canyon / The Barracks (Utah) Trip Planning 4
TrektheWorld Utah Trip - last weekend of October 2021 Meet Up (Members Only) 2
garyhost Cedar Mesa Utah Trip. Conditions? Water? Trip Planning 8
GramaNana Newbie Overnight with REI gear - Farmington, Utah May 2021 Hiking & Camping 12
GramaNana Seeking Short Overnights in Utah General Discussion 5
AnneMarieO Food protection in SE Utah? General Discussion 2
GramaNana Hello from Utah - future GWT hiker Noobs: Introduce yourself! 11
norwegianxplorer In the shadow of the Henry Mountains, Utah Backpacking 2
Windy What is this? Geoglyphs in utah Hiking & Camping 5
Rockskipper New Utah State Park General Discussion 0
regehr 2001: A Space Odyssey in Utah General Discussion 142
Nethos Southern Utah - Late October & Early November 2020 Trip Planning 16
Mikjik86 Utah loosening restrictions? General Discussion 4
seekinglost Desolation Canyon, Utah... Any info? Trip Planning 24
Titans Slick muddy recovery in Southern Utah General Discussion 8