Utah loosening restrictions?

Mikjik86

I'm about to make a reservation for Dead Horse next weekend despite being an out of county resident. I'm hoping that things will change before next weekend and worst caase scenario is to just go out for the day. Does anyone have any inside info on probability of that happening? Id love to jump on a Canyonlands Needles permit once the online system is back up and running.

I just made a reservation for the Canyonlands Needles campground for Saturday, May 9th. Hopefully in the coming 2 weeks, things will loosen up a bit. Ive been following your link as well. Thanks for the info!

On a side note, I am familiar with your trips, and understand that you have vast knowledge of the Utah Desert and its camping constituents. Anyway that you could reccomend some nice private camping options in the area? I know that things are confusing right now, but BLM and Public lands are still allowing camping if I am not correct. I am taking my girlfriend out to the Utah Desert and would love to find a private spot South of Moab, or possibly on the way to the Needles District. We might be needing to find a spot friday evening, and then move on to our reservation the next night.

On a side note, I am familiar with your trips, and understand that you have vast knowledge of the Utah Desert and its camping constituents. Anyway that you could reccomend some nice private camping options in the area? I know that things are confusing right now, but BLM and Public lands are still allowing camping if I am not correct. I am taking my girlfriend out to the Utah Desert and would love to find a private spot South of Moab, or possibly on the way to the Needles District. We might be needing to find a spot friday evening, and then move on to our reservation the next night.

I usually just find a spot to camp along the road to Lockhart Basin outside of the park. Usually plenty of options along there.

I usually just find a spot to camp along the road to Lockhart Basin outside of the park. Usually plenty of options along there.
As Randy says- plenty of good options nearby to Needles off the Lockhart road. This is a short ways off the main road via a sandy side track. We stayed here for 3 nights last fall. After arriving on Saturday eve- we couldn't see anyone else from this spot, but could hear people in the distance. The next 2 nights were dead quiet.
_1160491-copy-2.jpg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Southern Utah March suggestions? Trip Planning 5
desertvic Howdy from rural Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Ugly Floating Island- Utah Trip Planning 8
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
J Identify the spot Utah: I don't know where it is General Discussion 2
BeardoMcGrath Oh look yet another Utah conditions thread: mid May 2023 Trip Planning 9
Vegan.Hiker 8 day trip to Utah Trip Planning 10
ww.joedirt.do Hello from Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Martyn Hi from Hurricane Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
B Good trips in Southern Utah given current conditions Trip Planning 26
saltybird SE Utah NPs in April Trip Planning 12
C Grand Gulch Cedar Mesa Utah 11 Day Backpack October 2022 Backpacking 10
T Amazing Discovery in Utah-Glen Canyon Trip Planning 65
V four day backpacking trip in southern Utah starting this weekend Trip Planning 4
regehr recent Utah meteorite General Discussion 0
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Final Part Backpacking 11
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 5 Backpacking 3
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 4 Backpacking 10
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 3 Backpacking 4
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 2 Backpacking 5
TrailScot "I Would Walk 500 Miles ..." - A Utah Adventure - April 2022 - Part 1 Backpacking 6
Rudolf_The_Red Hello from BFE, Utah! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
H location of thirteen faces-horse canyon Utah Hiking & Camping 4
TrailScot Dripping Canyon to Grand Gulch, Cedar Mesa, Utah - March 2022 Hiking & Camping 7
H Horse Canyon needles district Utah Off Road 0
S Howdy from Utah!! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
D jackets found in southern Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
kwc Southern Utah Accommodations Question General Discussion 10
C Utah Mountains in Late May Trip Planning 12
CodyL Southern Utah in January Backpacking 14
T Southern Utah Backpacking ideas for MLK Weekend? Trip Planning 21
U greetings from southwest Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Jumper84 Hello from Kearns, Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Parma The Best Arch in Utah is... General Discussion 20
Jazerrad Parunweap Canyon / The Barracks (Utah) Trip Planning 4
TrektheWorld Utah Trip - last weekend of October 2021 Meet Up (Members Only) 2
garyhost Cedar Mesa Utah Trip. Conditions? Water? Trip Planning 8
GramaNana Newbie Overnight with REI gear - Farmington, Utah May 2021 Hiking & Camping 12
GramaNana Seeking Short Overnights in Utah General Discussion 5
AnneMarieO Food protection in SE Utah? General Discussion 2
GramaNana Hello from Utah - future GWT hiker Noobs: Introduce yourself! 11
norwegianxplorer In the shadow of the Henry Mountains, Utah Backpacking 2
Windy What is this? Geoglyphs in utah Hiking & Camping 5
Rockskipper New Utah State Park General Discussion 0
regehr 2001: A Space Odyssey in Utah General Discussion 142
Nethos Southern Utah - Late October & Early November 2020 Trip Planning 16
seekinglost Desolation Canyon, Utah... Any info? Trip Planning 24
Titans Slick muddy recovery in Southern Utah General Discussion 8
gnwatts Utah National Monuments, good & bad General Discussion 12
Titans 2020 Road Conditions Southern Utah (& Arizona Strip ) Trip Planning 1