place in Uintah that a car can go

Rick Mitchell

Kinetic Energy for Eternity. fueled by Bass.
Hey everyone, thank you for taking a small moment to help me with this.

I am a jeep/backpack guy myself, but I wanted to get some of my DJ friends into the hills for once and play some records. This is where the car comes in...
We will have one car of people coming, 2 trucks. one for sound gear and one for gear.
We are very mountain respectful, and our only flaw will be the music. That is why I have these couple questions that you probably figured out in my babble.

1 - Where is someplace a car can go in Uintah Basin (Mirror Lake area, or other), that not too many people go so we CAN play music without offending our neighbors/ if any?
2 - How do we get there?
3 - is it by water or close? getting to water was the main way of me keeping them from wanting to go sit in the desert with an umbrella and no toys. ( they are Monte Cristo campers, which i love... but getting pretty hot and treeless out there)

Thank you so much for your help.
I was wanting Blue Lake, but I think they would lose a muffler getting there. Maybe Trident Lake?? but pretty close to mainstream campers..

Hopefully you are planning a mid-week event. Sound carries a lot further in the mountains than you realize until you're the one getting blasted off the mountain by someone over a mile away. I can't say I have anywhere to recommend in the Mirror Lake area.

I've had many a rowdy, bass-thumping night around a fire, but I also think you'll be really hard pressed to find something suitable in the Mirror Lake area - especially if it has to be 2WD friendly. There's tons of places that would work away from that area though. Welcome to BCP!

Thanks guys. it looks like we are bagging the sound. we are just gonna take up some small speakers that don't bump and just play on the lake and not worry about the turntables.... what areas would you recommend be ok for jamming? even take away the 2WD, I will ensure they are in a SUV/truck the next time around.
If I start planning this now, maybe I can get out there and check it out before I get the people up there with sound.
what about the murdock area by evanston?
I really don't care which area any of the places are, as long as it is not desert. my desert time is mid spring and late fall... Middle of summer, i am to Irish for that. haha
Thank you again

Lots of places between Bear River Service and Mirror Lake that aren't as crowded as the Mirror/Trial area. Some even have dirt roads that are passenger car accessible.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kansas good place to watch sunrise in the La Sal mountains Trip Planning 0
Upgrayedd Best place to live? General Discussion 46
Rockskipper The Bells - yet another place getting overwhelmed General Discussion 19
MVS Your Secret Place General Discussion 31
T Best place to backpack the Bob Marshall? Trip Planning 17
uintafly Good place to camp and hike with kids Trip Planning 2
Michael B There are more good place to backpack in Michigan than you'd think! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
John Goering A sense of place Everything Else 21
Nick Looking for a place around Joshua Tree? General Discussion 2
Laura Looking for a place to take a photograph from the top of the Vermillion Cliffs Trip Planning 4
uintafly One place for the rest of your life General Discussion 2
Seldom Seen Anderson A Special Place Backpacking 4
uintahiker Places to get free firewood- place them here! General Discussion 4
L Need a Place to Car Camp in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
stephjas1 Ibantik Lake Uintah's August 3-5 2015 Backpacking 4
DAA Rocky Sea to Uintah lake trail? Trip Planning 0
Jackson What does "car camping" mean, in your opinion? General Discussion 33
Rockskipper Car Camping Tent Suggestions Gear 37
RyanP Coyote Gulch to Halls Creek via Steven's Canyon and the Baker Route (car/key swap) Meet Up (Members Only) 8
LarryBoy What car should I buy? Gear 50
kwc Northern Adirondack car camping On The Water 0
Outdoors24 Your car camping cooking setup General Discussion 39
Titans Permits car camping Grand Staircase Escalante NM? Trip Planning 6
balzaccom Car camping the Navajo Rez and Mojave Hiking & Camping 6
JBPHXAZ Needles District Car Camping Suggestions Trip Planning 3
Mikjik86 Good car camping? Stuff to do near Goblin Valley area Feb 24,25,26? Trip Planning 15
Vegan.Hiker New sleeping platform for my car General Discussion 9
Vegan.Hiker Car Camping Window Screens Gear 11
Jimmy Hole in the Rock Car Camping Trip Planning 0
D April backpacking/car-camping trip Trip Planning 16
PDC Car Camping in the Uintas Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Bridgette Car Camping Echo or Pyramid? Trip Planning 3
Upgrayedd Primitive car camping in the Uintas? Trip Planning 1
Nick Pacific Northwest Car Camping Trip Planning 12
Nurrgle Wind River Car Camping Trip Planning 13
steve Invite Car Camping - Skyline Drive above Manti Aug 15th Meet Up (Members Only) 2
jmerkley9 Best Car Camping - Uintas Trip Planning 2
weston Uinta car camping- few spots picked out, help needed! Trip Planning 0
barnemb High Uintas car camping suggestions? Trip Planning 7
steve Invite car camping in the Uintas this weekend, 8/1/14 Meet Up (Members Only) 27
andyjaggy Car Camping with kids. Trip Planning 6
Cara Not Really Backpacking: Car Camping Trip in virginia. Trip Planning 1
Nick Shoreline Car Camping Suggestions Trip Planning 3
regehr car camping in the Swell Trip Planning 9
baltocharlie rental car needed General Discussion 10
Dan Gannett Peak - Car to Car in under 9 hours General Discussion 8
Nurrgle Good car camping spot in the Uintas General Discussion 9
lostlandscapes Best free car camping in/near the western Uintas? Trip Planning 6
Nurrgle Car Camping Spots along Hole in the Rock Trip Planning 4