One place for the rest of your life

uintafly

Yesterday morning my brother and I headed up to Alexander Lake in the Uintas to escape the heat and and spend a few hours on the lake catching a few for the evening BBQ. It was a gorgeous day and on the way back we started talking about how lucky we are to live so close to so many options. We can be skiing or hiking 30 minutes from our door in the Wasatch Range, 90 minutes to high alpine backpakcing in the Uintas, and 3-6 hours to some amazing Canyon Country. Not to mention the scores of other options nearby.

But what if you had to choose one area to do all of your outdoor recreating for the rest of your life? Where would you choose? Uintas? Escalante? Cedar Mesa? Somewhere out of state?

If I had to choose, I think I would probably take the Wasatch Range. The Uintas are probably my favorite place to spend a week, but the limited amout of time per year up there would sway me away from it.

So where would you choose?

I would go with the Kanab area, and that's after living here since I was 4....

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kansas good place to watch sunrise in the La Sal mountains Trip Planning 0
Upgrayedd Best place to live? General Discussion 46
Rockskipper The Bells - yet another place getting overwhelmed General Discussion 19
MVS Your Secret Place General Discussion 31
T Best place to backpack the Bob Marshall? Trip Planning 17
uintafly Good place to camp and hike with kids Trip Planning 2
Michael B There are more good place to backpack in Michigan than you'd think! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
John Goering A sense of place Everything Else 21
Nick Looking for a place around Joshua Tree? General Discussion 2
Rick Mitchell place in Uintah that a car can go Trip Planning 4
Laura Looking for a place to take a photograph from the top of the Vermillion Cliffs Trip Planning 4
Seldom Seen Anderson A Special Place Backpacking 4
uintahiker Places to get free firewood- place them here! General Discussion 4
L Need a Place to Car Camp in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
F Grand Canyon hermits rest to granite rapids to bright angel Trip Planning 10
B Thorofare loop (almost) Cabin Creek, Hawk's Rest, Ishawooa Creek 8/11-19 Backpacking 60
TeamJenkins17 Hawks Rest/Bridger Lake area Trip Planning 6
Miya A BCP Fest Above the Rest Hiking & Camping 36
Born to Hike Can the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad be used for this? Gear Reviews 5
Dave John Sam's Mesa Box/NOLS Exit/Twin Corral Loop-Rest of Story Backpacking 16
Ben Grand Canyon, Tonto trail, Grandview Point to Hermits Rest. 8 days, october Backpacking 21
F Balancing Urban Life with wilderness Solitude Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
wsp_scott NYTimes article: Guess the spot saves someone's life General Discussion 1
balzaccom Clarence King's Life General Discussion 0
Rockskipper Surviving In The Wild: Can Your Photo Gear Save Your Life? Photography 1
P New to the canoe life Gear Reviews 5
DrNed Secret Life of Mountain Lions Webinar General Discussion 0
Julie Frahm The Meaning of Life @ 13,167 feet Backpacking 12
Nick Life Straw Gear 3
IntrepidXJ Life & Death | Coyote Buttes North Hiking & Camping 9