Gold Butte

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

CTTim

Flying into Vegas from CT 1/18 with my 14 yo son (playing a little hooky in combination with MLK Jr day). Renting 4WD SUV (Jeep Grand Cherokee I hope-however the tires on these rentals are never off road worthy). I am thinking of exploring Gold Butte area 1/19-1/23. Flying home 1/24. I see that Nick, Artemus and blueeyes have been out there recently. Any road issues in that area I should be aware of? Besides the always helpful posts on this site are any other sources of information that those visiting have found helpful?

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Nick

Spiral out.
Roads were great when we were there Dec 27-Jan 1. Most popular camping area is around Whitney Pocket but there are plenty of other options deeper in. I just did a bunch of googling to get coords and things for various highlights. I really enjoyed our 5 days out there. More than I thought I would. I want to go back ASAP.

blueeyes

ephemeral excursionist
You can Google a gps route that will take you to the highlights. Everything is pretty well signed actually.

The Cherokee even without off road tires will be fine. Although I did find a nail out there that stuck in my tire. Had that fixed in Mesquite before driving home.

Amazing place and I agree with Nick, I can't wait to go back and explore more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk