My Annual End of the Year Timelapse Film (2023)

Here is my annual End of the Year "Magnum Opus" video. These are the best timelapse sequences I've photographed over the course of the year 2023 in North America's "Northwest". Featuring Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alberta and British Columbia. These were taken as a timelapse sequence with a Nikon D7200. From backpacking, hiking to car camping/traveling. The North American Wilderness is bar none the best place to experience wild and beauty in my mind. Also had a record year with 26 grizzly bear encounters. 6 of them VERY close range. Everyone has "those years" in the wild, until now my favorite backpacking year was 2020, this year ended up topping it and I'm set up for an even better PTO approach for 2024. Here is to our public lands!

Love the aurora sequences and the last 30 seconds are awesome. I love how the sky sometimes surprises you when the light changes like that.

Any good grizzly photos?

thanks for sharing

Love the aurora sequences and the last 30 seconds are awesome. I love how the sky sometimes surprises you when the light changes like that.

Any good grizzly photos?

thanks for sharing
Ill be doing some trip reports this winter when I have more time that will have some griz action in them!

I agree, the Aurora are great. I have seen some of your other videos this year, you did have a good year.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
NorthwestWanderer My annual 4K Timelapse photo film Photography 2
Ugly Scofield Reservoir- Annual Family Sunbaking Hiking & Camping 3
John Goering Tobacco Root Mountains, annual 4th trip to North Meadow Creek Hiking & Camping 4
steve Invite Annual freeze your giblets off trip Meet Up (Members Only) 55
Laura Annual Photography Trip Across Southern Utah Photography 27
powderglut Annual St Patty's March Winter Sports 3
Writhdar Old Sheffield/Spencer Flats Road end (wellhead) questions Hiking & Camping 4
Janice Aspen to Crested Butte - end of September? Trip Planning 11
Bob A short Escalante trip end of April Backpacking 5
TrektheWorld Boulder Mail Trail - end of October? Trip Planning 18
andyjaggy Windrivers mid to end of June Trip Planning 7
IntrepidXJ It’s Time to End the National Park Service’s Arbitrary Ban on Street-Legal OHVs General Discussion 29
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Lands End Hiking & Camping 0
Backcountry Post BCP Store End of Year Clearance General Discussion 4
C Teton Crest Trail - end of August 2018 Trip Planning 0
TrektheWorld End of March - Goblin Valley area with kids Trip Planning 11
Rockskipper Canada Parks Passes on sale through the end of the year - 20% off General Discussion 0
CaptnKidd North End of Lake Powell and Southern Tip of Capitol Reef Hiking & Camping 11
Scott Chandler CPW '15- Amazement on the North End Backpacking 5
Scott Chandler CPW '15- North End Adventuring Backpacking 0
Scott Chandler Summer in the CPW- Tour 7 North End Backpacking 6
Scott Chandler Summer in the CPW- Tour 4 North End Backpacking 6
Sandro The Subway - End of April Trip Planning 13
uintahiker Aravaipa Canyon- what end is best? Trip Planning 2
NorthwestWanderer Montana Fall Colors Timelapse Film General Discussion 0
NorthwestWanderer NORTHWEST | 4K Timelapse Film : Featuring Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming & Montana General Discussion 4
NorthwestWanderer My Yearly big timelapse video 2019 General Discussion 10
PureLightImages Speedgoat 50k Photos & Timelapse Everything Else 6
wes242 Ice fishing timelapse Photography 4
Nick Yosemite HD Timelapse Photography 1