Son Doong Cave

Nick

-
This is pretty awesome...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/son-doong_n_3873341.html

The Son Doong Cave in Vietnam is the biggest cave in the world. It's over 5.5 mileslong, has a jungle and river, and could fit a 40-story skyscraper within its walls.
But nobody knew any of that until four years ago.

A local man discovered the cave entrance in 1991, but British cavers were the first to explore it in 2009. Now, tour company Oxalis is running trial tours of the cave andaccepting sign-ups for real six-day tours to take place next year.

The man who discovered Son Doong didn't go in because the entrance he found had too steep a drop. On next year's tours, visitors will rappel 80 meters to enter Son Doong.

o-111516705-570.jpg

o-111516692-570.jpg

o-111516683-570.jpg

More pics on Huffpost:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/son-doong_n_3873341.html

That does look awesome. I've been seriously thinking about joining the NSS, but I feel weird showing up to something like that by myself.

Wow, breathtaking.

In the comment section while discussing how Vietnam Gov is opening it up to the public too soon for $$ someone posted ".....They have no interest in preserving the past if it means a quick buck." And, "It's a prideful, shortsighted government that is being run by a bunch of cronies."

LeftoftheLeft from Utah posted. (His words not mine )".......That sounds exactly like Utah too."

Wow, breathtaking.

In the comment section while discussing how Vietnam Gov is opening it up to the public too soon for $$ someone posted ".....They have no interest in preserving the past if it means a quick buck." And, "It's a prideful, shortsighted government that is being run by a bunch of cronies."

LeftoftheLeft from Utah posted. (His words not mine )".......That sounds exactly like Utah too."

The comment section of Youtube can only serve as a reminder at how stupid many people are.

The comment section of Youtube can only serve as a reminder at how stupid many people are.
Perhaps, but it does address a lot of our(Maryland) politicians. Heck, we had a former Gov and VP(Agnew ) do time for fraud. We also had the wife of a politician stuff $80,000 in her bra as the FBI was busting down their front door. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Sorry OP, back to the Son Doong Cave