The "good morning" thread

That's a bummer Chuck. I'm sure you guys can find some fun things to do this weekend that won't require much walking. Is it foliage time up there yet? Perhaps a leaf peeping scenic drive.

Thursday like a Friday for me today, no work tomorrow. Headed to St. George for a boring (read: relaxing) get away, hopefully some climbing and hiking.

Trying to see through your post, @Ben . Not sure if you're smiling or not. Anyway, yeah, we both wanted to go on this trip. I've been there 3 times before, but never for Fall colors...which are perfect there now! Next time.
The important thing is my wife's feet. Hope it's nothing serious. We find out on Monday.
Congrat's on your early weekend @slc_dan . Have fun climbing.
We were is St. George this past April and the place was a mad house! Had a difficult time finding a hotel that wasn't booked. My fault I guess. I like to "wing it" most of the time.

of course i'm smiling, i really was excited about you going on this trip. it's some where i've never been, and it sounded great.

If you check my FB pics there is an album or 2 of a couple of trips there. One day you should make your way to the Midwest. There really is some great hiking here.

Some very empty looking packs. I hope you threw some other gear in as well.

Nope, staying at the hiker hostel tonight and an Appalachain Mountain Club bunkhouse tomorrow, just carrying sleeping bags and food. This is wife approved backpacking.

Last edited:
Good Evening. After 3 days of rain, we hiked out 10 miles from Joseph's Coat and..........

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

Van broke down on Dunraven Pass. I think its the alternator. I got towed to Gardiner, and am waiting to find out tomorrow what the story is.

Good luck on the van @Joey. makes me think of this old song. replace bands with managers with Joeys with Backpacks.

Good luck on the van @Joey. makes me think of this old song. replace bands with managers with Joeys with Backpacks.

Haha, I feel like I know that song from the end of my college years somewhere. Sounds familiar.