The "good morning" thread

What is your method for roasting, @slc_dan ? I primarly use a Behmor 1600. However I have used an air popper and old fashion stove popper as well. I am a huge fan of sweet maria's as far as purchasing green coffee. Though thought of no coffee is terrible, @Nick. I've given it up plenty of times for diffrent "fast's" I've been on. But for good? No way. I love the taste too much. I even haul a handpresso wild into the woods with me.....No joke. @Ben , at least you won't have to share.

Anyway.......MORNIN'!

Mornin!

@Chuck the Mauler
The Cafe I work at uses a Deidrich IR12 drum roaster. Beautiful machine. We get our beans from Royalcoffee.com, I don't know if they do smaller orders. I've played around a little with home roasting, using a pan, or an old air popper, but haven't in years. The hardest part of home roasting was the cooling process. I couldn't ever get that part right.

Good morning everybody!

@Ben - You should have let me known about the tooth, I would have gladly pulled it for you in the Gros Ventre. I hauled my Leatherman all the way in there and didn't use it once! We could have put some fresh cow pie on your check and gums to numb the pain! :)

In all seriousness though, good luck on the root canal.

Do you know where Joey is and when is he coming out of the backcountry?

I believe Joey was hoping to still come out Avalanche canyon at taggart lake and ride his bike back to string lake and the van. I can't remember if he was coming out Friday or Saturday, he changed his mind so many times. I wouldn't be surprised if I got a text from him when he makes it out. He sent me one on Sunday from some where he must have had service.

Joey sent me a text today. He was above Mica Lake in the the North Fork and on his way to the Wigwams. Based on that, I'm not sure if he'll walk out Avalanche Canyon tomorrow (which would be relatively easy) or stay at Kit, Snowdrift or Taminah Lake Friday night. Guess we'll have to wait and see. What a difference a week makes!! Dang it!!

@Ben , no worries, I'll gladly drink your share of coffee, the most consumed beverage in North America. And you should have taken @scatman up on his offer. Good luck!

@slc_dan , they're a few good home hacks for cooling. With the Behmor 1600 the cooling system is built in. It's also built in with one of the nesco air roaster's I own. Roasting on the stove is smokey and difficult to cool. But it's also the easiest way to hear the first and second crack.

Happy Friday everyone. No hiking or outdoor activities of any kind planned. It's probably the only free weekend I have of the next 6 or so. I may cut and split some wood in preperation for winter. But now......COFFEE!!!!!

Friday!! Possible day hike this weekend, no overnighter possible for me though. Want to see Everest in 3D and catch up on The new season of Survivor this weekend. And of course watch the Jets go 3-0.

Today should be a good day.

Z7uB1apOx0HfiHpo8xOVCZUCppTviZuXgwHF7uNHB3RZiKquZrjpSAJVzVNnSxSc9aqlTuo9AANiU7q6MqCqEWadhlug6J3V98frvg6nqGa9n7iHcOTAmeRSqdgCGEfVgY96oqsBHHR-whsArY6nlNwU5Xyn-4I2uLYzyqqRJxwK5qf9tFdGOdFNJY2DAZ6qS2skLuIEhOCjdXa8Qk8PDpqxLXDE-MzaF5e6qEX7WjEN13snK707ywQrqbmXucvNTM_elZ-d9mXjDs1tQw4x9nNKuSr3NQ6732paoVNaX4T9Ljs6d_KgPm6x9WBTKiiEFk1rYI4hq20-2H0tmgqP2Z9oT_wziK-9trdZzeM1A2L_sLSoO-Dequ66lzrluR1piY62jrlkqEnUX_ut7Q6vZ9Zr_2l4mz9VYXGnY44aoE8cNqzPVH3ktCp6NoXtH6jA0G75bpKoS6XPnbTL8ElihyIlnX2ZE9UuGWzTU4Nxw1cf7k9ZI5bZoym-kQFf603uu4bqK9cvOudvG9hxGnOtkUvdgJNpKuQ2FxZKGAY=w910-h682-no

@Vegan.Hiker - I saw Everest in 3D last weekend; a very enjoyable movie.
I enjoyed it too!

Apparently I didn't pay close attention to the movie description because it wasn't until Jon Krakauer was introduced did I realize, I've seen and read this story before.

Still an enjoyable movie.