The "good morning" thread

WOW....7:00AM came early today. Had an old friend stop by last night and didn't leave until almost 2:00AM. It's gonna be a long day. Go Blue!

Saturday morning = Pancakes!

My go-to pancake recipe.. Just throw some flour,baking powder, sugar, salt, soy milk, and and some vegetable oil in the vitamix for a minute or so.
image.jpg

Tyne likes silver dollars with just powdered sugar and a little fruit.
image.jpg

I like mine big with earth balance and maple syrup.
image.jpg

Nick is probably scratching his head wondering how BCP turned into this.. We can blame @Chuck the Mauler for starting this thread.

Have a great weekend guys!

@Vegan.Hiker it sure looks good. How did they taste? And hey, whats wrong with a little everyday life to keep the interest high on the site. Once you get to know some of the members in person here, I think it's simple human kindness to want to know how someone is doing or whats going on......whether it's important or not.

Do you know what today is? FOOTBALL SUNDAY!! WOO HOO!! Now THIS is important!! Just finished my 3rd cup of coffee and soon will be off to church to....get this....make coffee! Have an awesome day everyone.

I need to check in here a bit later and read some of the current TR. Peace!!

Last edited:
@Chuck the Mauler, you gona roast them church goers some awesome coffee or do they get the usual?
All this talk of roasting your own coffee beans has me very intrigued. I love coffee. Hmmm.....looks like I got me a new project.

I checked if Meru was playing anywhere near me and it was not. Not even in NYC. So I settled for Everest in IMAX 3D which was pretty cool. Sometimes they do a late release thing around me, I'll keep an eye out for it.

So it's national coffee day today. Who knew? I thought EVERY day was national coffee day. Worked overtime today and didn't get home until 3:30PM. I hate that. Tomorrow I plan to be home by 2:00.

Now, let me get back to celebrating the last few hours of the holiday. Peace.

There's an absolute perfect job opening at Univ of Utah in SLC but my my wife's just not ready for a change right now. One day the timing will be right.
Which job? Recreation Coordinator/Backpack Leader for the outdoor rec. program? Right up your alley...

Just keep taking her somewhere amazing out west each year. Soon enough it will be her idea.

That's the plan. She's only been out there once so the sample size is too small. Based on that one trip she thinks it's always 110 degrees out there and that all the suburbs look like Kanab. She's told me that she looks forward to going back out there though.

Which job? Recreation Coordinator/Backpack Leader for the outdoor rec. program? Right up your alley...

I wish my job was that fun. Funny story though, at a previous college that I worked at they asked me to teach the 1.5 credit First Year Seminar course one semester. It was a required course for all freshman but it was a total BS course. One of the topics I was supposed to cover was health and wellness so I decided it would be appropriate to take them on a short hike that week. One of the girls was struggling on the way up and I could tell she was a little embarrassed so I pulled her aside and said "hey if you aren't feeling well or are scared of heights I can walk you back down to where you can wait for us" she agreed so I told the class to continue on and to wait for me at the top. They ended up confused about where the actual "top" was and it took me longer than expected to make it back up, so some of them started taking a different/wrong trail back down thinking they must have been in the wrong place. I eventually found all of them but several of the students had called my office asking for my cell number and had told my co-workers that "I had lost them on a mountain somewhere" and that "they couldn't find me and were lost". Everyone in my office was confused and like WTF because I never mentioned my plans to any of them. For the rest of the semester, every time I'd be leaving the office to go to class, this woman I worked with would snicker and say "don't lose your class!" It never got old to her.

That's the plan. She's only been out there once so the sample size is too small. Based on that one trip she thinks it's always 110 degrees out there and that all the suburbs look like Kanab. She's told me that she looks forward to going back out there though.

Well if you guys ever need a place to stay in Salt Lake, you're always welcome here. You just have to put up with 4 dogs trying to lick you to death. I love SLC, but if I had my choice, I'd rather live in the desert where it's 110. :)

Well if you guys ever need a place to stay in Salt Lake, you're always welcome here. You just have to put up with 4 dogs trying to lick you to death. I love SLC, but if I had my choice, I'd rather live in the desert where it's 110. :)

Thanks for the kind gesture Nick! We'd actually love the part about the pups. We both volunteer for a dog rescue and when we went to Utah Tyne wanted to stay in one of the cottages at the Best Friends Sanctuary and do a sleepover and day hike with one of their dogs. When we called a few weeks before the trip they were booked solid though.
http://bestfriends.org/sanctuary/visit-our-utah-sanctuary/animal-sleepovers

We had heard about Best Friends at the two farm animal sanctuaries we frequent in the Catskills. If I recall correctly from another thread, you also got some (all) of your pups from them correct?

If I recall correctly from another thread, you also got some (all) of your pups from them correct?

Actually, none of mine came from Best Friends, but we have fostered a dozen Best Friends dogs over the last couple years. I wish I could say two or three dozen, but due to some disharmony in our pack, we had to stop fostering. Some day I think we'll just stick to having a couple dogs and then we can foster one or two as needed. They still contact us on occasion when they have a special need and it is heartbreaking to say no. Especially for the seniors. I love old dogs. :(

Mornin. Well today was the say I was going to start a trip at Pictured Rocks National Lake shore. However my wife's feet have really been hurting her and there is no way she could handle the trip. Furthermore, she has an appointment on Monday with the foot doctor. It would be selfish of me to head up without her having done 2 week long trips away from her recently. Next time....right? Winter camping is right around the corner.

Looking forward to talking with @Joey about his adventure in the Tetons after @Ben , @Vegan.Hiker and I left the GYE.

Happy Thursday all