The Before/After thread

Before, before: Ready to shut down the laptop for ten/eleven days. My brother and I doing the Highline Trail, east to west, starting tomorrow around 10/11ish at highway 191. I seem to recall I have mobile service in that area so I'll try to post a pick or two at the trail head before we go off grid. Excited!

Nice pics! I don't think anyone would be upset to see a full TR on that adventure! Did you fish Recon?
That was the plan but had to get moving as a storm was coming in on me. Tried continent with no luck. Ledge looked beautiful and looked like a great place to camp and fish. I was out day hiking and was trying to outrun a storm so didn't get to fish that either. Will get a trip report in sometime just not sure when. Walked up to red knob pass and allsop pass. What a beautiful area.

Before, before: Ready to shut down the laptop for ten/eleven days. My brother and I doing the Highline Trail, east to west, starting tomorrow around 10/11ish at highway 191. I seem to recall I have mobile service in that area so I'll try to post a pick or two at the trail head before we go off grid. Excited!

After: Well, these two old guys made it out early on Saturday. We didn't get anywhere near the Hayden Pass trail head as we got behind a couple of days and figured we were short on food to make it the whole way. We figured we better exit at Henry's Fork at that point. Here are a couple of pics...

20160826_102024.jpg
20160830_102308.jpg 20160831_151147.jpg

I'm hoping to make the rest of the trail next year if all goes well.

Last edited:
Before: Heading to Mt Ogden...

f8cb7489d798fee5c6752b20aad14812.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

x2 on Nice! How did you find the climb of Fremont to be? Scary? Straightforward. Obviously the views were outstanding assuming that last shot was from near the summit.
The last shot was taken about 1/2 of the way up. The lake you see up high is called summer ice lake and you can't see summer ice lake from the very top. Holy cow the views from the top were outstanding. It's not a scary climb at all. It's pretty straight forward. There is kind of a trail off and on that picks its way through the boulders. Then it's hand over hand going up a big boulder slab at the top. The only thing that made me nervous was the weather. There were dark clouds staying on the east side of the continental divide all day long.

View from Indian basin side just below the saddle
image.jpeg
Looking up from the saddle
image.jpeg
The many boulders
image.jpeg
The boulder slab towards the top
image.jpeg
Awesome views from the top
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 14
I really enjoyed this trail. Lots of variety in terrain, great views, quite challenging.

The helipad is there...
5c613ca86849821824ac6aa2f1a9f053.jpg

I'll do a little trip report a bit later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Before: Headed up to the Uintas this afternoon for an overnighter. Nothing too wild. I've been wanting to see the area up above Clyde Lake (Booker Lake, Three Divide Lakes, etc.) for a while, and I'm hoping the big crowds on the trails near there will have cleared a bit by now.

Before - Lackawaxen Lake overnight, hiking the peaks encircling Brighton tomorrow

Before - Lackawaxen Lake overnight, hiking the peaks encircling Brighton tomorrow

I cannot wait for the after... I was thinking of overnighting there next week...