Guess the spot

Outdoor Fool, You Are Correct! Yes this is looking down the Snake River in the John D. Rockefeller Mem. Parkway with Steamboat Mtn. on the left and the Tetons in the distance. This was taken several years ago in late September. I love it in here and have come up here and camped in here off and on thru the years. Great hike also walking down the trail to the head of Jackson Lake and area.

Again Outdoor Fool, You are Correct so Go For It! You are up!

Outdoor Fool, Nice Photo!!! This is a very interesting angle on those two peaks on the left. Do know the answer but since I was just up, will let someone else guess. But what country you were in when taking this photo. Again such a nice photo!

Guess since no one has guessed, will say what I think those peak(s) are ....

The two peaks are Pilot and Index Peaks in the Northern Absaroka Range right south of Cooke City, Mt.

Last edited:
Outdoor Fool, so the photo was taken from the Lulu Pass Road. Now was up that road back in the 80s. I knew it must of been somewhere to the north of Cooke City looking to the south. Again Nice Photo!

Now since I got it right .... here's mine. This is from a completely different ecosystem one might say ...

This is from a place I have been to also quite quite often with especially in the springtime period. In this area would hang out for days and weeks with wandering, camping, and hiking about. Now soooo love it in here!

p74556976-4.jpg

Looks to me as if everyone has abandoned for now 'Guess The Spot'. Hint: It is in the Greater Escalante Canyon Country.

As for my photo, it is in Choprock Canyon in the Escalante Canyon Area.

Since it seems as if not many people here are not guessing or interacting on this thread at the moment it seems, then why continue the game ...

... I am bowing out, soooo now whoever wants to continue with this thread can post. And to emphasize this, will say this again, whoever wants to post here can with continuing on with this thread for am bowing out. It seems as of late, not many people have been interested with this one thread. Feel free whoever and post.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

As for my photo, it is in Choprock Canyon in the Escalante Canyon Area.

Since it seems as if not many people here are not guessing or interacting on this thread at the moment it seems, then why continue the game ...

... I am bowing out, soooo now whoever wants to continue with this thread can post. And to emphasize this, will say this again, whoever wants to post here can with continuing on with this thread for am bowing out. It seems as of late, not many people have been interested with this one thread. Feel free whoever and post.

Wishing Everyone the Best!
Kayla that is a fantastic picture of a place I've wanted to go for a long time. Thanks!!

Can't tell if those foreground rocks are desert varnished or volcanic. So... something in capitol reef?

No one seems to know where this is, it is in Dominguez Canyon near Grand Junction.
Try this one.
Name the ridge or area.

I0000KUMp0RDdUJI.jpg