Guess the spot

Jerome Park is above Carbondale, Colorado, for those who don't know the area. The place where I had my baby dire bear encounter, as mentioned in Kmatjhwy's thread, is to the right side of that photo.

I'm posting an easy one, as I'm on the road and can't check often. If you get it, go ahead without me and post another.

IMG_0890.JPG

Rockskipper, nice photo of a nice range. Now that is exactly exactly what I thought ... the Crazy Mountains in Montana.

And good Larryboy is up! Wishing Everyone the Best!

Now there is a story behind the Crazy Mountains. They were called once I do believe the 'Crazy Woman Mountains'. Remember Jeremiah Johnson and in the movie there is this Crazy Woman. This is actually based on some truth. There was a woman here who went 'Crazy' and such, from a wagon train do believe. The Indians wouldn't touch here. And on .... Here's the story ...

www.outsidebozeman.com/summer-2003/how-crazies-got-their-name

I've also heard the story that the Apsaalooke went there to have vision quests and the early explorers thought they'd gone crazy.

Am surprised - very much surprised with nobody here guessing where this is at. As much as this range with the trip reports and what all have been posted here at BCP, and no one has guessed this? Again am Very Surprised! As for myself, hiked thru here many years ago and knew instantly where this was at. Great Place and All Wild!

This is Temple Lake with Temple Peak (out of view) on the left and East Temple Peak (out of view) on the right, looking north in the Bridger Wilderness, in the south part of the Wind River Range.

Am surprised - very much surprised with nobody here guessing where this is at. As much as this range with the trip reports and what all have been posted here at BCP, and no one has guessed this? Again am Very Surprised! As for myself, hiked thru here many years ago and knew instantly where this was at. Great Place and All Wild!

This is Temple Lake with Temple Peak (out of view) on the left and East Temple Peak (out of view) on the right, looking north in the Bridger Wilderness, in the south part of the Wind River Range.
Yep that's it!

Name this beautiful falls found deep in the Wyoming wilds ... Have been here many a time thru the years!
Had to give a hint to help people do think.

p524984638-4.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like the little gorge that comes in and joins the north fork of the Yellowstone just downstream from younts pass. But the pool is too big, so I'll say something on that same drainage but further downstream

LarryBoy, Sorry, Wrong Drainage! Now I know the falls you are talking about, but this is not it. Wrong Drainage. It is though here in the Greater Absaroka Area in NW Wyoming. And this is a major falls in this wilderness with a trail to the falls area and the falls being marked on the map. The gorge here that the river passes thru is huge and pool at the base of the falls is huge. The photo was taken at a time in early summer when some snowmelt in the runoff was still occurring.

No one has guessed ... this falls is in the Greater Teton / Washakie Wilderness Area.

Reactions: Ben