Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
Where is Nicholas Wash? But no, not according to my maps. More hints: East of Hwy 191, drains into the Dolores in Colorado...and south of the La Sals. Anyone? If not, I'll just reveal the name and somebody else can have a go. Didn't think this would be so hard.

regehr

Trip Reports
Ok those are definitely the Orange Cliffs, is this in middle Happy somewhere?
Randomly: what do you think about carrying fat tire bikes into upper Happy and riding down to the narrows sometime?

Trip Reports
Randomly: what do you think about carrying fat tire bikes into upper Happy and riding down to the narrows sometime?
Closer, but still the wrong side of the D.

Taking bikes into upper Happy sounds more difficult than, say, jeeping in from the other side. ;)

Trip Reports
My last trip into Happy I saw the remnants of a party of three fat bikes that had ridden down into there, complete with scarring on the sandstone where chain rings (I'm assuming) had touched down. In my humble opinion, Happy is no place for bikes.. It sucks, really. (Not to mention the upper part of Happy is in the French Spring-Happy Canyon Wilderness Study Area, where bikes are prohibited.) Happy Canyon is a popular place, and isn't exactly difficult to get into from the west side. Turning it into a trade route for fat bikes will undoubtedly lead to more people, more impacts in that beautiful and happy place. But hey, I realize I'm pushing against the tide with that sentiment. Just seems like there are plenty of places to ride bikes in the desert, and maybe popular and narrow slot canyons shouldn't be one of them.