Cinemascapes

I feel ashamed to post this here, but, hey, you gotta start somewhere. Eventually I'll get better at these.

I like! You did great. Who is the music by?
FYI I think there is also a thread for member created video too...

I like! You did great. Who is the music by?
The music is OneRepublic. I found the song while searching sites where I could buy a license for the song, but I ended up realizing that I could just download it off iTunes and YouTube would let me use the song as long as they put an ad at the beginning of the video. $1.29 wasn't as painful as $60, so I went that route.

Holy multi-tasking nightmare! =) I'd kill myself trying to do that. Haha. Way cool though.

I'll do this job for free, looks like an awesome way to spend a summer. Hell, they can leave me up their during the winter if they want!

This past weekend my wife and I got away and wandered around Zion for a day. I picked up a Feiyu Tech gimbal for my GoPro so we gave it a good test run. I added clips I added some other clips from last year and some time lapse videos to make this Zion video.
I hope you like.

Nice work, Wes! Love the 4k. What's the mine shaft looking thing?

Ahh, that makes sense. Be careful in those things. There's one of those in Maidenwater Canyon under Highway 276 that has a 6' deep pit in the middle of it. Looking from end to end, you can't see the floor but you'd think you could walk right through without a light. Not the case.

Not sure if the Banff film festival has made it's way to your neighborhood yet but I went last week and the feature film was a 45 minute abridged cut of the documentary "The Search for Freedom". I didn't expect to like it so much since I'm more into the "naturalist" type films than the "action sport" ones, but nevertheless I thought it was extremely well done.

I'll post both the trailer and a link to the full 1.5 hour documentary.

Trailer

Full hour and a half documentary

Last edited:

I watched this tonight, has anyone seen it? Fantastic, beautifully shot documentary exploring the issues around the BLM's management of wild horses, as well as public land access rights in the West. A bunch of guys adopt a dozen mustangs and ride from Mexico to Canada through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Recommended if you've not seen it!

has anyone seen it?
I saw the condensed version (45 minutes maybe) at the Banff Film Festival (Orem, UT) last month. I really enjoyed it as well. I hear it's on Netflx as well...if that matters to anyone.

I watched this tonight, has anyone seen it? Fantastic, beautifully shot documentary exploring the issues around the BLM's management of wild horses, as well as public land access rights in the West. A bunch of guys adopt a dozen mustangs and ride from Mexico to Canada through Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Recommended if you've not seen it!
I watched that as well a month or two ago. It was interesting and fun to see them ride through places I've been before. It also brought the wild horse situation to my attention, as I hadn't heard much about it before. Good that there are people willing to do something about it. I couldn't quite relate to the guys though. They were good people, but they annoyed me for some reason. I didn't quite see the merit of riding those horses all that way (other than for enjoyment and to see if they could manage it), but it made for an interesting story highlighting beautiful landscapes..

A week or so ago I participated in a webinar entitled The Secret Life of Mountain Lions.

The producer has made the webinar available.

With it there is a short 6 minute video on Mountain Lions

">

For anyone really interested here's the entire webinar:

If this isn't the best location for this Nick let me know and I'll move it.

Last edited:
If you have an hour to spare, this is a good watch.

Locked In

Ben Stookesberry and a group of professional kayakers journey to the remote jungles of Papua New Guinea to attempt a first descent of the Beriman River, a 40km beast lined with sheer limestone walls, with no way out but to ride it to the ocean.

locked-in-first-decsent-of-beriman-gorge.jpg

Watch: http://www.redbull.tv/videos/AP-1M71C8XVD1W11/locked-in

Back