Cinemascapes

Pigeon Spire in the Bugaboos.

Awesome! The Canadian Rockies just seem downright amazing. I'd really like to do a trip to Garibaldi Provincial Park up in BC, who knows, maybe next year.

Nowhere near as well done as the video you posted but the views of Black Tusk and Panorama Ridge from 2:45-3:30 in this video are a big part of why I want to backpack in BC so badly.

Pigeon Spire in the Bugaboos.

Great video! I've climbed that route, and others, there. It was even better than watching the video. Course I didn't have a drone with me. :)

Notice the climber in blue walking the ridge in two sections about half way through. It was really amazing to walk upright on a knife ridge way out there on this nunatak amongst nunataks. But stand up and walk we did. You can see the black lichen worn off of the "sidewalk" from the traffic.

Last edited:
Great video! I've climbed that route, and others, there. It was even better than watching the video. Course I didn't have a drone with me. :)

Notice the climber in blue walking the ridge in two sections about half way through. It was really amazing to walk upright on a knife ridge way out there on this nunatak amongst nunataks. But stand up and walk we did. You can see the black lichen worn off of the "sidewalk" from the traffic.
We need a trip report! Do you have digital pics? All of mine from up that way are slides in a box somewhere. There are some amazing ridgelines up there!

We need a trip report! Do you have digital pics? All of mine from up that way are slides in a box somewhere. There are some amazing ridgelines up there!
Alas, both of my trips there were staffed with a silver-oxide based recorder. Pigeon Spire was 1996 so pre-digital. Almost seems like that part (1/2) of my life is gone... :(

So were you guys technical climbing or are there good non-technical hiking routes up there? From river's vid it all looked like it would be super technical.

So the routes I did were all 5th class roped climbing. It is a place that is certainly walkable and that is worthwhile just to go up and see it. It is forest up to the point of the nunataks and then mostly glacier and snow field above that level. There is a hut and a climbers camp just before you get on the glaciers. Once above the snow line it becomes somewhat technical in that you are traveling glaciers with potentially hidden crevasses. This requires roped travel again too.

So the routes I did were all 5th class roped climbing. It is a place that is certainly walkable and that is worthwhile just to go up and see it. It is forest up to the point of the nunataks and then mostly glacier and snow field above that level. There is a hut and a climbers camp just before you get on the glaciers. Once above the snow line it becomes somewhat technical in that you are traveling glaciers with potentially hidden crevasses. This requires roped travel again too.

I'm always in awe of all the experience and know-how by the members on here. Particularly guys like you Art. Way beyond my skill level for sure.

This is a music video for a new song from Puscifer (aka Maynard James Keenan from Tool & A Perfect Circle). I wouldn't normally post a music video on BCP, but it's one of the best desert time lapse/star scape videos I've ever seen. And even better if you're a huge MJK fan like me. It's cool to see Maynard adapt more of the desert into his songs and videos after living in Jerome, AZ for so many years now.

@ram posted this in the Great Range trip report thread but I thought it deserved to get reposted here where more people might see it. It'll give the westerners on here (the majority of you) a nice glimpse at the ADK high peaks of NY.

Another trailer for the same film, just found on YouTube.

Last edited:
Went to Radical Reels a few weeks ago while in Moab. Mostly enjoyed all the films and I was fully entertained. Here are some of the trailers for the films. The last one is the full short film and has some bleeped out language:

I shot this video while on my trip last month traveling around Oregon, with a little of Washington too.
All video was shot with GoPro Hero4 Black, the time lapse videos were shot with a Canon 6D and 7D.
Hope you like.
Very, very nice Wesley!

You carried a boom or ?? on the trail?

@Artemus my time lapse videos I did carry a couple of 6 foot wood poles I bought on the trip then left them since I wasn't going to fly home with them. Then used parts from a kit I got from revolve camera to make my time lapse work. Some of which I just used a picnic table top to roll the camera skate on. I didn't carry those parts far. The rest I just added a little motion to them in premier as the camera what on a tripod. Its fun to see what you can come up with. I have made a boom pole for the gopro out of a golf ball retriever mounted to my tripod.

Back