Cinemascapes

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #1
I wanted to start a thread where BCP members could share all-things-video: visually-stunning clips, awe-inspiring trailers, even your own cinematic manifestations--anything pertaining to our spectacular natural world that will get your fellow BCPers stoke-o-meters rising.

I'll start with a trailer for an epic multi-year project called Summits of My Life, by Kilian Jornet. Mountaineering savvy and cinematography, at it's finest.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #4
Wow. Truly insane. I've never seen anything quite like that.

How long do you think those ropes were? And any chance we can get our hands on a mechanized ascender like that? Forget Prusiks....;)

Nick

Spiral out.
Trip Reports
I thought it was a real hawk but it was a trained one and the hoax aspect of it was that it wasn't a real baby? Either way, great hoax! :)

Trip Reports
great new thread, Nick! I'll take great enjoyment from watching these epic videos as I sit here munching on my fritos and imagining that I could do this. :)

Alison

Hooligan in search of Hoodoos
Trip Reports
Okay, there's nothing really cinematic about this clip, but how often do you see a giant bird of prey try to take off with a human baby!? Wait for the slow mo!

I hate it when I think something is super amazingly awesome and then find out it's an internet hoax. DOH!

Dan

Trip Reports
Not sure if this fits here or not - since it's "behind the scenes." but if you've seen JP Auclair's Street Segment from All.I.Can. you will love this.

Nick

Spiral out.
Trip Reports
That's awesome to see that. Now you gotta post the real street segment video though. That is bad ass.