Cinemascapes

I agree with Miss Buffalo. I'm now envious of Tammy Jensen as she's headed to Death Valley very soon.

W.

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

“We are all going to make mistakes. It’s truly learning from them that makes life really sweet,” says skier, climber and parent Roger Strong. On April 6th, 2011, the veteran backcountry skier was skinning up his favorite backcountry run when he triggered an avalanche that swept him and two friends hundreds of feet through steep trees. When the snow settled, he was badly injured, but alive along with his friends. In the months that followed, Strong, confined to a wheelchair, was left to sort through his decision-making. Had he failed as father and a husband? What would he take away from the experience? And if his body would allow, would he still want to ski?

Excellent! You know how he does that cool rising and panning motion in his film don't you?

There are two ways. The best, but most difficult way is to use a dolly. That's probably what he is doing. The other way is to just do it in software like I did with some of the shots in this:

Here is one of a little less production value but entertaining and educational nonetheless. It is a very short documentary news piece about tagging a black bear with cubs who is nursing her cubs in a "den" in northern Ontario, Canada. This reporter is famous and the piece is very funny. Notice however that this Ursus Americanus bore her cubs and is now nursing them basically under a snow covered fallen tree that she chose to hibernate all winter in without food, water or heat source. The winter night time temperatures in those parts are WAY colder than here and routinely sub-zero F. Amazing! Kind of puts our talk of 800 fill power down not keeping us warm in perspective :cry: Enjoy ..mother nature...!

And on another note, a black bear was seen out of it's den roaming my neighbor's yard two weeks ago - and there is still 3' of snow on the ground. Early spring, no natural food. Promises to be an early wild year of bears in the neighborhood trash cans, barbecues and bird feeders. Yahoo!

Haha! Canadian humor is a bit different. Cool video, although it feels weird to think they just go out there and raid dens. I know it's for a good cause and all but man does it feel weird to watch.

P.S. If I didn't routinely shave off my fur, I might be able to leave the down at home. :p

P.S. If I didn't routinely shave off my fur, I might be able to leave the down at home. :p

You and me both, brother. Give it another 20 years and you'll be dismayed all the places it grows. :facepalm:

That bear had a look that I thought said, "Ooops, that's a person. Act cool and back away slowly."

Back