Cinemascapes

142 miles on the Kokopelli Trail from Fruita, CO to Moab. I really enjoyed this one, struck quite a personal chord regarding my current work/life situation;

"The part of my life when I was happiest was the part when I was poorest..."
"Getting active and outside is healthier for my brain than my body"
^^ Two thoughts that play over in my mind increasingly frequently.

An impressive feat. Castleton tower has been on my mind lately. I am not sure how I feel about the stunt but impressive nonetheless.

One of the best climbing flics I have ever seen. And I know some of the actors!
4 stars (of 5) !

I was lucky enough to catch it twice while in theaters. GREAT film. Met Rennan at the local climbing gym one afternoon, very nice fella.

It's available on Itunes now to those who haven't seen it.

An impressive feat. Castleton tower has been on my mind lately. I am not sure how I feel about the stunt but impressive nonetheless.

I've been thinking about it myself. I know a rope-gun who can get us scaredy cats up there. We'll talk more soon.

When I hiked the Rim Trail I couldn't imagine what it would take to drive up it. I'm obviously a pansy since evidently I could drive it in my 4Runner.

Sometimes when I watch things like this, I also catch myself thinking, "Did I voluntarily move away from there?" :)

This one caught me by surprise. Fabrizio Zangrilli, who is the expedition leader in this climb, is a client of ours in Basalt, Co. We designed and built a house for he and his wife. Great guy, very humble, never mentioned any of his climbs, only that he owns Aspen Expeditions that guides locally, or so I thought!
Pretty intense footage, gut wrenching decisions....

The K2 is amazing. Meru is a masterpiece of climbing. Thanks for posting all!

A tribute to the winter we have not yet experienced in Utah.
Quote from the video caption:
"Nobody was hurt in the making of this video apart from the people who were hurt."

A very interesting video about we call a weasel with some interesting acrobatics. Warning: the vid has some minor violence/aggression as they almost but-not-quite show one taking a rabbit.

Another BBC One vid called "Life- Stoat kills rabbit ten times its size" also has some great play/learning among young weasels for purpose of hunting just as wolves do but ends in a real kill. Kind of hard to watch so I didn't post but you can find it on Youtube easily. And bonus: it is narrated by David Attenborough.

Last edited:

Really cool short documentary, talking to Ken Brower about his father's efforts to prevent the dams in Dinosaur NM. Lots of great old footage in there.

Last edited:

Really cool short documentary, talking to Ken Brower about his father's efforts to prevent the dams in Dinosaur NM. Lots of great old footage in there.
We need more like him!
Now I want to go run the Yampa and the Green.

sent from an undisclosed location

Back