Cinemascapes

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Trip Reports
It's been a long time now since I got to spend some time in New Zealand. This guy's VLOG video, as much as anything else I've ever seen has me longing to get back down there and get into the backcountry there.

Note: He doesn't say what lake he camps by at the end, but I can tell it is Lake MaKenzie and while he edits his video to imply his tent pad was right by the lake, the tent grounds are a good distance off the lake further back from a hut stationed there by the lake. Still, the video shows off some of New Zealand's most spectacular scenery.

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
Trip Reports
I haven't seen it. Seeing the trailer, I have mixed emotions about it. More advertising? Somewhat exaggerated drama? I guess I have to process some...
Good points Art.
Somewhat exaggerated drama?
For sure.

The big question is, as you point out, does it bring more people to “our” mountains? If so, maybe not a good thing.

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
Trip Reports
I want to watch it... just don’t want anyone else to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've got 2.5 hours of footage on YouTube if you're interested, broken down by days.
Looks like they did it in 10 days.

As someone who pays attention to such things, I was kinda bugged by his pronunciation.
He referred to it as the "highlun" trail, but that's just my own personal issue.

It's worth it, if for nothing else, getting a little mountain fix.

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Trip Reports
So I finished watching all ten episodes of YouTuber Following Redbeard’s videos. I think this is not the “feature-length movie” footage but rather just Following Redbeard’s account as a rank and file member of the group. Pretty standard fare but I particularly enjoyed following along revisiting where I had gone on my trips. Always fun hearing others’ expressions of excitement and awe as they experience the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk