Album Up Close and Personal -- Photos Focused on the Details

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

westy

Is it ok to be up close and personal, and far away ?

Desert National Wildlife Range from a while back. Carola dunes (I think).
IMG_6152.jpg

Dreamer

off grid
DAF0533C-2810-46E3-B8BC-F8AAE55836CE.jpeg

westy

Going up Dry bm. This bench was about 10' wide and 50'(+?) long and was covered in these. I couldn't take a step without touching petrified coral(?)

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

Titans

I

Along the Green River

View attachment 76132
Hm... @gnwatts ...... that particular photo with the small green pieces sadly reminds me of how the soil at the outlet of our gutters looked like after a 15 min hail storm (west of Denver) which destroyed our green roof one summer. The roof was totaled and it had to be replaced.
Is the green material in your photo what is called "greensand"? (I have seen that mixed into organic fertilizers for gardening).

gnwatts

Hm... @gnwatts ...... that particular photo with the small green pieces sadly reminds me of how the soil at the outlet of our gutters looked like after a 15 min hail storm (west of Denver) which destroyed our green roof one summer. The roof was totaled and it had to be replaced.
Is the green material in your photo what is called "greensand"? (I have seen that mixed into organic fertilizers for gardening).
I don't know what they are. The are more of a light turquoise on my monitor.

Miya

Because I am able.
I had a little bit of fun in Little Wild Horse Slot Canyon with some of the tafoni features.

Tafoni on a canyon wall

I then flipped the image to create an optical illusion

now the tafoni look like some sort of sandstone nodules growing out of the rock
Wow! Just like you said! Really trippy!