Album Up Close and Personal -- Photos Focused on the Details

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

TractorDoc

These photos may fit in other categories, but sometimes I like to zoom in/bring out little details that are difficult to capture at wider angles.

Terraced Hot Springs and Mud Pots at Yellowstone:

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_5541.JPG

And a tiny frog that kept me up one night while it sang outside my bedroom window:

5J5A0675A.JPG

Looking forward to other's contributions!

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

chandlerwest

These photos may fit in other categories, but sometimes I like to zoom in/bring out little details that are difficult to capture at wider angles.

View attachment 68135

View attachment 68136

And a tiny frog that kept me up one night while it sang outside my bedroom window:

View attachment 68137

Great idea for a thread. Nothing is more enjoyable than finding an interesting composition buried in the grandeur.

Miya

Because I am able.
if you ever wanted to know what fresh lava is made of:
thousands of little silica glass particles, it's really amazing.

The lava toe was still super hot with about 1300F
I cinched my eyebrows a bit while I was laying in front of it to get the shot :oops:
Life as a lava tour guide was always exciting
LMAO, again...
Like...disturbingly gross...and beautiful at the same time... haha
Truly amazing though!

Miya

Because I am able.

View attachment 68135

View attachment 68136

View attachment 68137

Yes! I love taking macros! How is this not a thread already?! Great idea! What a cutie frog!!!!

TractorDoc

Really like the Pahoehoe Yvonne. In the past I had the chance to admire the colors reflected once it had cooled but "hot" does have some personality!

Caught this little guy sunning him/herself yesterday by the barn. I think it is a Milk Snake and actual size is about a boot lace diameter.

5J5A0959.JPG

5J5A0957.JPG

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
Really like the Pahoehoe Yvonne. In the past I had the chance to admire the colors reflected once it had cooled but "hot" does have some personality!

Caught this little guy sunning him/herself yesterday by the barn. I think it is a Milk Snake and actual size is about a boot lace diameter.

View attachment 68426

View attachment 68425
cool snake, I really love snakes a lot

And yeah, the pahoehoe lava is more than amazing. So many amazing forms and structures just created right in front of your eyes.
I miss my old job a lot. It was so much fun

Scott Chandler

Wildness is a necessity- John Muir

The lava toe was still super hot with about 1300F
I cinched my eyebrows a bit while I was laying in front of it to get the shot :oops:
Life as a lava tour guide was always exciting
Whoa

chandlerwest

This could be considered borderline cheating so I am just going to throw these all on as a "ZOO MONTAGE". I discovered that zoo's are a great place to develop and work on perspective. To learn how your camera works. (More so it measured that I had a lot of room for improvement.)
IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1201.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg
IMG_1208.jpg
IMG_1251.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_3886.jpg
IMG_3989.jpg
IMG_3998.jpg
IMG_4030.jpg
IMG_4050.jpg
IMG_4083.jpg
IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4089.jpg
IMG_4109.jpg
IMG_8936.jpg
IMG_8949.jpg
IMG_8995.jpg
scan0104.jpg