Ticaboo Creek aka Survivorman is a Fake?

Wanderlust073

Funny thread. I went out with a group once and one of the guys in it had been hired as a local guide for a Grylls shoot in the southwest. He thought it was going to be a hardcore roughing-it trip, but told us how the crew framed shots so it looked like Grylls was weathering a storm in the wild while in reality he was huddled under a road overpass, they never ventured more than a quarter mile from the road for three days, etc.

SKLund

You guys kinda knew that Stroud was piling it high and deep, yes? After his bogus bigfoot episodes, it pretty much sealed for me.

Aldaron

Holy crap...I just got home and looked at my log file for my website...I've had over 1,000 hits today on my Survivorman page. I've never seen more than like 50 in a single day. I think a link got posted on some popular reddit. I'm scared to go to the reddit to see what they're saying about it.

SKLund

Holy crap...I just got home and looked at my log file for my website...I've had over 1,000 hits today on my Survivorman page. I've never seen more than like 50 in a single day. I think a link got posted on some popular reddit. I'm scared to go to the reddit to see what they're saying about it.

That's what happens sometimes when you investigate and publish.

Deleted User

Deleted User
Reality TV is an oxymoron like Jumbo Shrimp.

No one is going to find Bigfoot on a Reality TV show. If they did the show would be over. Think about that one for a moment.

Adventure is out there. You just need to seek it. You want survival skills? Then get out there and learn some!

IpsumOccidere

This doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I don't really care about Les being in walking distance to a road in one episode where he's in Utah of all places. Pretty much all of us are. You guys remember where you park your car, right?

Jackson

I ❤️ GYE
This doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I don't really care about Les being in walking distance to a road in one episode where he's in Utah of all places. Pretty much all of us are. You guys remember where you park your car, right?
There's a pretty clear distinction you're not mentioning here. None of us are filming and feigning that we're in an extremely remote, dangerous environment surviving off of nothing but our own skills and the available natural resources. And most of us camp farther than a mile from the trailhead or the nearest road anyway.

Sure, go outside and teach us how to survive on Survivorman. That's cool and interesting. But don't feed us a BS story to jazz it up. It's interesting enough on its own.

wsp_scott

Go away troll

Aldaron

Someone commented on my website yesterday and gave me this link:

I haven't yet finished watching his 2 hour director's commentary that he posted this weekend on the Utah episode, but so far it's pretty amusing. The best part is how much he talks about our findings.

And, of course, in the first 15 minutes, he's already contradicted things he has said in the past, and blamed everything bad on other people.

This guy is a piece of work. And I really used to like him.

Jackson

I ❤️ GYE
Someone commented on my website yesterday and gave me this link:

I haven't yet finished watching his 2 hour director's commentary that he posted this weekend on the Utah episode, but so far it's pretty amusing. The best part is how much he talks about our findings.

And, of course, in the first 15 minutes, he's already contradicted things he has said in the past, and blamed everything bad on other people.

This guy is a piece of work. And I really used to like him.
The recentness of that upload makes me wonder if @Bob's joke about @IpsumOccidere actually being Les Stroud was actually the truth. Haha. Timely.

And his username translates from Latin as "kill yourself." Super cool guy, whoever it is.

Last edited: