Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Snow level is at about 9,500 feet yet in the Uintas. Hiking opportunities were limited but I found a couple of trails I hadn’t been on before...

Whiskey Creek Trail up to Bourbon Lake...

View attachment 88971
View attachment 88972

And the little “touristy” trail to Lily Lake from the Bear River Ranger Station...

View attachment 88973

View attachment 88974

it was really good to be out in the Uintas!
Great photos! With the very hot days forecasted for the end of this week, I'd bet that snow won't last too long.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Great photos! With the very hot days forecasted for the end of this week, I'd bet that snow won't last too long.
Yeah I think the melt was doing pretty good but the last few cold days slowed things down a bit.

chandlerwest

I just wanted to check in. This is when you would usually be receiving our June trip report for Glacier National Park. Due to Covid-19 the timeshare resort was closed and the park was essentially closed. Our August trip is tentatively a go but we might not do that either. With the virus cases increasing again it just might give the Blackfoot Tribe incentive to continue with their closure of the east side of the park. So we aren't committing to that decision yet. I ran across this nice shot of @chandlerwest and @Jeffrey Chandler from 2011. Jeff and I have been hanging out together at home during the quarantine! Putting on weight with all the dessert we keep baking.

2011IMG_3123.jpg