Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Miya

Because I am able.
Thought this thread was as good a place to post as anywhere else.

Warning -- Poor quality cell phone pics.

I had some time for a little mushroom hunting in the woods today. At one point it felt like someone (or something) was watching me. It took a minute to detect what was gazing my way. . . then it took another minute to try and figure out what it was.

View attachment 88333

Normally I am not a selfie guy, but I could not resist a photo with stump baby. Oh, sorry about the hair -- you know, quarantine and all. :p

View attachment 88336
Yup...
Nightmares tonight.

Titans

Usually Rick wins a Cinco de Mayo skull (5k running award) in Houston early May. :)
This year he was freezing his rear end off drinking a beer in our backyard, while I finished a homemade Margarita in record time.... Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Pre-booze, Peach tree blooming
690663A0-7413-40A5-A0FD-210BAFFC4E32.jpeg

Skull line up (@scatman , I managed to spill booze before drinking any!!!)
5E6AAF84-DFAB-45E2-B48F-F85F8C01123E.jpeg

One day we might actually get leaves on those trees!
A409D9AC-C10D-4C01-8DEB-F0D9E86B236F.jpeg

scatman

Skull line up (@scatman , I managed to spill booze before drinking any!!!)
Just the way the Scatman taught you! :) You've learned well young Padawan. :thumbsup: I love the skulls - and Happy Cinco de Mayo a day late. Oops!

I'm off to Portland to pick up my daughter from Lewis and Clark College.

IMG_8846.JPG

A cycle up City Creek this morning - now on to Portland.

Last edited:

scatman

You're cycling to Portland? ;)
Hey, just got back home. 1532 miles in four days! Damn my legs are tired. My daughter had to ride on the handle bars on the return trip, but she seems no worse for the wear. Blue Mountain Pass was the toughest part. :)

And how about this - I found my doppelganger in the Pacific Northwest. Check it out.

IMG_8922.JPG

Introducing Scat-tree. He is a woody character, with good, established roots and a nice canopy. What are the chances that I would run into him on my cycling trip? :D

Of course the real score on this trip was the Terminator Stout! I juggled four cans on my return ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG_1194.JPG

Rockskipper

No ETA
1532 miles in four days!

That equals 383 miles/day. Not bad. After that, you should be able to row all the way around Ystone Lake in about 10 minutes - well, if you can figure out how to use your feet and legs, that is. :)

zionsky

It's been on my bucket list for a couple of years. Maybe I'll give it a shot when I'm there later this fall. Joe Braun has good beta and @John Morrow bagged it a few years ago. Definitely not one to attempt in summer.

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
Today I hiked West Rim Trail from Lava Point to Cabin Springs and back. It was a great 19 miles long lollipop loop with Telephone Canyon.
And the best thing, I only saw 7 people. Zion Canyon already closed at 6:30am this morning because of overcrowding.

this t-shirt needed some love today

near Cabin Springs

Ivins Mtn. and Right Fork of North Creek behind me

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
Snow level is at about 9,500 feet yet in the Uintas. Hiking opportunities were limited but I found a couple of trails I hadn’t been on before...

Whiskey Creek Trail up to Bourbon Lake...

99D3AB14-9759-4B71-BD60-96FC1205EB79.jpeg

5D23CCC5-BE10-4C02-8FC2-9AC77A62FDD6.jpeg

And the little “touristy” trail to Lily Lake from the Bear River Ranger Station...

F73F08E0-9C27-483A-B261-0F35415A0874.jpeg

10ED98D9-B604-49B5-84B5-1E60B0465A85.jpeg

It was really good to be out in the Uintas!

Last edited: