Album The members of backcountrypost.com

I needed a selfie again today

selfie-XL.jpg

I just wanted to check in. This is when you would usually be receiving our June trip report for Glacier National Park. Due to Covid-19 the timeshare resort was closed and the park was essentially closed. Our August trip is tentatively a go but we might not do that either. With the virus cases increasing again it just might give the Blackfoot Tribe incentive to continue with their closure of the east side of the park. So we aren't committing to that decision yet. I ran across this nice shot of @chandlerwest and @Jeffrey Chandler from 2011. Jeff and I have been hanging out together at home during the quarantine! Putting on weight with all the dessert we keep baking.

2011IMG_3123.jpg

Some social media reviews:

Warning! I tried following this guy's route and had to be rescued.

I swore I'd never read a book written by a guy in a kilt and I'm sticking to my resolution.

This book is great for whacking mosquitoes on the trail, unless, that is, you bought the ebook version, and then you might not want mosquito parts all over your tablet.

Overpriced at any price.

I loved the book, but I never could figure out why the author kept saying, "Look! Fremont Peak!" I've been to Yellowstone many times and don't recall a Fremont Peak there.

This book had nothing to do with the title. It should be called "Self-Flagellation in the Mud Bogs of America's Greatest National Park." But it was a great read anyway.

Etc.

Is this the book you're referring to???

You got it! Only ten minutes on the NYT bestseller list? Please! It'll be there for at least a year. Actually, I don't think it would make The Avenues Newsletter (my neighborhood periodical) List. :) I'm glad that you bought a copy though, it gives me confidence for my next book - Dooley and His Faithful Companion. I guarantee that will make the NYT bestsellers list. Kind of like Joe Namath guaranteeing a Jets victory over the Colts in Superbowl III. I don't want to give too much of the story away or anything, but it is about a mule and his dedicated companion (rhymes with Batman) who set off for adventure in the wilds. Their trek leads them through carcass dumps, burn and new growth, pond scum, Bison rut dances, rendezvous with mountain men ghosts and such. A true frontiersman in every way. ;) You know, I could probably use an editor. You up for it? I should probably warn you that it won't be easy keeping up with (rhymes with Batman) vernacular. :scatman:

In all seriousness, on my way from the trailhead after my trip, I passed a mule train that was loading up at the Lamar River Trailhead - you know the one for horses. I wanted so badly to stop and take pictures for you, but the trailhead was completely full and the traffic situation just wouldn't let me. I was kicking myself all the way to Jackson for not stopping and getting some shots. :(

I swore I'd never read a book written by a guy in a kilt and I'm sticking to my resolution.

This book is great for whacking mosquitoes on the trail, unless, that is, you bought the ebook version, and then you might not want mosquito parts all over your tablet.

Overpriced at any price.

I loved the book, but I never could figure out why the author kept saying, "Look! Fremont Peak!" I've been to Yellowstone many times and don't recall a Fremont Peak there.

This book had nothing to do with the title. It should be called "Self-Flagellation in the Mud Bogs of America's Greatest National Park." But it was a great read anyway.

Etc.

I wish all reviews were written by you.

Overpriced at any price.

Etc.

I have routes?

Mosquitoes are harmless!

True about the price.

Fremont Peak. :roflmao: I love Fremont Peak. I'll include a map of where it is located in the next revision.

Of course the book had nothing to do with the title. What did you expect?

"This book had nothing to do with the title. It should be called "Self-Flagellation in the Mud Bogs of America's Greatest National Park." But it was a great read anyway."

Somewhat like Trout Fishing In America by Richard Brautigan. It had little to do with trout fishing.