Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

Our new project.

47088428514_2f3dbdba2f_k.jpg

11 months old when we got him. He had never been to a vet, never been in a house, never been in a vehicle, and never combed. A pretty severe adjustment for the guy and still a work in progress--------

Our new project.

47088428514_2f3dbdba2f_k.jpg

11 months old when we got him. He had never been to a vet, never been in a house, never been in a vehicle, and never combed. A pretty severe adjustment for the guy and still a work in progress--------
w00t! He is a beauty! Name? More pics please. I think he probably needs some sheep, give him something to do.

I don't have my own pup. But occasionally I get to camp with some. This one has these most beautiful eyes ever!! This is Hank the Space Cow Dog he is a lover.

93979c198c69ff7f97df93ec64a731a0.jpg

087032694637a88d8e9df81c30dd4f4a.jpg

Then Emily and Jessa

fa7c4c8c608a36e2c43bba28e369fbe8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

w00t! He is a beauty! Name? More pics please. I think he probably needs some sheep, give him something to do.

His name is Dax. Not sure where the previous "owner" came up with that but we aren't going to change it. And yes, I think he would like a sheep herding job but I flat don't like those critters so he will have to stick with chipmunks and squirrels for the time being. There were sheep at his previous residency.

Between the spring shedding and a lot of brushing, the clipper marks from the PO where they cut all the massive mats out are slowly fading but he still has pronounced dual hair length tail. Sort of humorous.

47994444751_b5772d812d_k.jpg

Now if the geezers (people and dogs both) can keep up with him-------

Great thread!

This is Olive just turned 1 this week. We’ve spent the last few weeks trying to hurry up the spring melt. Drove up to check out the road conditions to the Park Creek trailhead. Going to be awhile till this stretch is clear.
3F573A56-32CF-4EB7-AAF2-BA7B936DFFEA.jpeg

We had to say goodbye to Teak today. She was with us for a little over 10 years. She was never really a true backcountry dog, but she did go on a handful of solid backpacking trips and plenty of camping trips. She loved to run, especially when I put her hiking boots on her. She also loved to eat, and stay home where she felt safe. Car rides were probably her least favorite thing.

A couple of weeks ago she started having some severe neurological symptoms (one eye turned the wrong way). We took her in and found out she had a large tumor in the back of her throat that was pressing against nerves going to her brain. Thought we'd have to let her go then, but a course of steroids and antibiotics bought us some time to spoil her and give her a proper send off. She had the best day today. She wasn't the easiest dog at times, but damn do we still miss her. Thanks for the memories, Teak.

SO sorry to read this, Nick. She was a beautiful dog and the cutest pup ever. She won the dog lottery with you guys. Happy trails, Teak.

Dang Nick! So sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss! Glad you got a chance to spoil her one last time.