Album Sunrises

To celebrate Boxing day, and before watching a half dozen hours of soccer... I pushed through a bit of powder this morning to keep in shape. (In a few spots, blessed drifts of powder to my knees)

With the sun so far south I was home before the sun actually crested the clouds, but I like sunrises in winter. A little bit of color contrasted against the cold white.

BoxingDay%252520SteepMtn0048.jpg

White drifts of snow.
BoxingDay%252520SteepMtn0110.jpg

BoxingDay%252520SteepMtn0130.jpg

Playa San Miguel. Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica.
23.jpg

24.jpg

I really like sunrises and its been great to watch this thread. A LOT of AWESOME pictures (that I wish I had taken). Its cool to see some international ones popping up too. Thanks everybody for adding some beauty into my life .

Last edited:
Sunrise from the Sandy Hook Trail in New Jersey this morning. First time on this trail, first time using my new wide angle lens, and first time using Lightroom (thanks @Nick!). No clue what I'm doing with LR yet. I need to watch some YouTube videos. I also used one of those 8 stop ND filters for the first time (although I'm not sure if I had it on yet for these pics) but the water still looks over-exposed (like an ocean of milk)and I'm not sure how to fix that. Suggestions welcome.

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

Last edited:
here is a early morning shot from Yellowstone last summer
Thanks guys! Curious what you picked up @Miss Buffalo?

the Sony Alpha A 6000 with the kit lenses and the Rokinon 12mm for backpacking trips and long hikes. I guess the saved weight compared to my full frame Nikon set up will safe me at least 8 pounds and will make my knees a bit happier.
My Nikon will be my primarily car camping set up in the future. Now I need a few days off so I can test my new camera