Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hi all just found this forum. Looks great and just what I need. Long story short, I moved to south east Michigan from Southern California about 10 years ago got married had 3 kids and have not been out since. The kids are old enough to go out with me so it's time to dust off the gear and hit the trails. Michigan is still a foreign land to me so if any Michiganders out there can help me out with some good weekend places to go with a 5,6 & 9 year old I would appreciate it. I'm looking forward to leaving the car behind us fading away in the horizon. Can't wait to get started.

Thank you
Cameron

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone! I've been visiting this site for a while now and thought I should finally sign-up and introduce myself. My name is Nate. I'm originally from Southern Utah, but I've been living in Utah valley for the past 9 years now. I love hiking, backpacking, fishing and camping, even if I don't get to do it very often. I do have a trip coming up next week into the Uinta's that I'm very excited about. I'm also a big fan of landscape photography and I'm amazed at the awesome pictures others have posted here. I'm hoping I'll pick up some tips and techniques that will help me to take better pictures to share you with you guys. Needless to say, this site is awesome and I'm officially addicted.

Hello everyone! I've been visiting this site for a while now and thought I should finally sign-up and introduce myself. My name is Nate. I'm originally from Southern Utah, but I've been living in Utah valley for the past 9 years now. I love hiking, backpacking, fishing and camping, even if I don't get to do it very often. I do have a trip coming up next week into the Uinta's that I'm very excited about. I'm also a big fan of landscape photography and I'm amazed at the awesome pictures others have posted here. I'm hoping I'll pick up some tips and techniques that will help me to take better pictures to share you with you guys. Needless to say, this site is awesome and I'm officially addicted.

Haha!! Love it! Welcome to backcountrypost, Nate. Nice looking fish in your avatar pic!

I'm Dave Bollwinkel. I have to keep this short because I am packing to go to Amethyst Basin tomorrow. I live in Perry, Ut. and have 5 kids. I found out about Amethyst Basin from reading a great trip report on Backcountrypost. Lookin forward to the trip and doing some flyfishing. You could say I am pretty outdoorsey. I am the scoutmaster of our local troop so I camp out every month of the year. I am going with the Varsity Scouts to the Wind Rivers for a week of backpacking at the end of July. So far backcountrypost has been a great source of info. Thanks

I'm Dave Bollwinkel. I have to keep this short because I am packing to go to Amethyst Basin tomorrow. I live in Perry, Ut. and have 5 kids. I found out about Amethyst Basin from reading a great trip report on Backcountrypost. Lookin forward to the trip and doing some flyfishing. You could say I am pretty outdoorsey. I am the scoutmaster of our local troop so I camp out every month of the year. I am going with the Varsity Scouts to the Wind Rivers for a week of backpacking at the end of July. So far backcountrypost has been a great source of info. Thanks

Welcome, Dave! Keep an eye out for Udink and pixie1339 up ther this weekend. They'll be the rowdy ones! ;)

Hey all, I'm Mike. I love what Nick's done here with the website. I bumped into him on the other forum a few years ago and have always enjoyed his photos and trip reports. I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd finally sign up and make it official. Thanks to all for keeping me entertained with the TRs, photos, questions, etc.

Hey all, I'm Mike. I love what Nick's done here with the website. I bumped into him on the other forum a few years ago and have always enjoyed his photos and trip reports. I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd finally sign up and make it official. Thanks to all for keeping me entertained with the TRs, photos, questions, etc.

Great to see you around these parts, Mike!

Hello everybody! My name is Jason and I just stumbled onto this website looking for info on the maze district. I would like to take my dual sport down there someday. The trip reports are great and the pictures speak for themselves.

Hello everybody! My name is Jason and I just stumbled onto this website looking for info on the maze district. I would like to take my dual sport down there someday. The trip reports are great and the pictures speak for themselves.
Welcome. What dual sport do you ride? klx250s for me. Although, I'm not the best off-road rider!

Hello all. I found this forum some time ago and have just been lurking and reading. Lots of great info and photos! I hope to begin contributing to the conversation!

Hey everyone I am just introducing myself! I am Matt Prince and I am from Kaysville, Ut I am very excited for the have singed up for this website. Quick question, so I am looking to do a quick over nighter next Friday night with my wife up in the Uinta's so I was wondering what a good trip would be since we probably won't get up there until 6:30 - 7 PM, so a quick back pack over nighter that isn't terribly hard. Any suggestions.....

Hey everyone I am just introducing myself! I am Matt Prince and I am from Kaysville, Ut I am very excited for the have singed up for this website. Quick question, so I am looking to do a quick over nighter next Friday night with my wife up in the Uinta's so I was wondering what a good trip would be since we probably won't get up there until 6:30 - 7 PM, so a quick back pack over nighter that isn't terribly hard. Any suggestions.....

Welcome to backcountrypost, Matt! Post your question for suggestions as a new thread in the Trip Planning forum and I'm sure a handful of us will have some great suggestions for you.

Welcome. What dual sport do you ride? klx250s for me. Although, I'm not the best off-road rider!
I am on a XR650L. Sold my 990 Adventure to slow things down a bit and honing my skills in the dirt :) I need to put more miles on it this summer!

I am on a XR650L. Sold my 990 Adventure to slow things down a bit and honing my skills in the dirt :) I need to put more miles on it this summer!
My buddy has that same bike. I just have a little XR250L, but it gets me where I want and then some.

Back