Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Sam here,
This is a pretty cool forum. I don't even know exactly how I stumbled here, but here I am.
I am northern AZ born n' raised. Flagsaff is my home.
I got a kick out of the thread about nights spent in a sleeping bag, I am up to 11 this year, far below my average but buying a house, getting married and finishing my thesis have hindered our recreation a bit. Though my fiance and I just did five great days in southern utah. Those of you who are locals there are prettty spoiled. ( flagstaff is pretty sweet too though)
Thanks for being a cool community of backcountry nuts.
Cheers,
sheffe,
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Welcome to backcountrypost, Sam! I know what you mean, when I bought my house, got married and got a puppy, it sucked all the camping out of me for like 2 years. Probably only got a handful in during that period while we were settling in, remodeling, etc. Really gave me a kick in the ass to get back on it though.

Hi, I'm Christian. I have been following backcountrypost for a while on Facebook. I like the trip reports and I thought the "Guess this spot" thread was cool. Also I like wandering around Utah and staring at rocks.

Dave here... Found Nick's trip reports and have been reading all of them, gearing up to begin backpacking myself very soon - wanted to say "thanks" for posting all those. Have also been appreciating all the fantastic photography being posted by the members here. There are some really good photogs visiting lots of really cool places here - thanks to y'all too :D. See a few folks I know. Figured I may was well register and say "hey".

- DAA

Dave here... Found Nick's trip reports and have been reading all of them, gearing up to begin backpacking myself very soon - wanted to say "thanks" for posting all those. Have also been appreciating all the fantastic photography being posted by the members here. There are some really good photogs visiting lots of really cool places here - thanks to y'all too :D. See a few folks I know. Figured I may was well register and say "hey".

- DAA

Welcome, Dave! :D

- DAA

Nick- you might want to keep this guy out...I hear he's a troublemaker ;)

Welcome Dave :)

Hey, all. I live in NYC, born and raised, but was away for a while (Austin, TX - 20 years.) Now that I'm back, I'm getting into cold weather BPing. I'm working on peakbagging the Catskill 35 (35 3500' peaks), though have only hit four so far (Panther (winter), Fir ('whack), Balsam and Eagle.)

I'm looking to lighten my pack as I had been doing mostly close-in BPing in Texas, and doing it on a budget.

I like MYOG stuff, and recently made a penny alky stove that boiled a liter in about eleven minutes, outside, without a windscreen. I know they're not real practical, but they are fun to make.

So, if I don't see you out on the trail, I'll surely see you here.

Hi, everyone! I'm Keith. I've been here in Utah about seven years, and I'm originally from east Tennessee. I think I pretty much live to backpack...is that a bad thing? I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum!

Stoked to have you, Keith! I've used your trip reports for inspiration more than one occasion. :)

Hi, everyone! I'm Keith. I've been here in Utah about seven years, and I'm originally from east Tennessee. I think I pretty much live to backpack...is that a bad thing? I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum!

I've been looking over your site this morning, good stuff.
Welcome to BCP!

Awesome site Keith, I've been going through a few of your trips during lunch! Can't wait to go through them all!!

Thanks! I'll start trying to do better about posting them quicker and posting them on here.

Just popping in to say hi. I have some digging around and readying to do.

Jason
Colorado Mountain Man Survival

Hey Guys and Girls, My name is Brandon currently living in Farmington, Utah. Used to do a lot of backpacking and hiking but had a few kids and we all know what happens then. So now just getting back into it and thought it might help my motivation to hang out with some like minded folks.

Hi all, my name is Rob. I found this site when I stumbled across Nick's great Salt Creek trip report. Looks like a few familiar faces have preceded me here (Hey Randy(IntrepidXJ), Dave (DAA), probably more...). I grew up in Bountiful and have been enjoying Utah's outdoors all my life. I participate in just about all outdoor recreation. Looking forward to adding yet more things to my never ending list of places to go and see...

Rob