Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Found this site looking at trip reports getting back in to backpacking after years away. Nick thanks for the photos it helps my wife see what she might be in for.

Signing up now, having lurked at Bogley and such before. Hiked/camped a lot in my youth and started getting back into it a few years ago. I tend to post photos from my trips on Flickr and need to work on actually writing up trip reports. Guys like Nick and Bill have been my go-to sources for hiking ideas and photo inspiration, so it's nice to join the forum.

Oh, and if you're in the Salt Lake area you might have heard me on the radio. I did news for KNRS (570 AM/105.7 FM) for nine years and just recently moved to KSL (1160 AM/102.7 FM).

Just signed up after finding out about the site from Summit42. I have followed his shots on Flickr for quite some time and it has inspired me to get out and hike to see all these great spots in Utah. Just hiked Kanarraville with my wife and had a blast. Many more trips planned for this summer. Can't wait. Really excited to be on this site.

Just signed up after finding out about the site from Summit42. I have followed his shots on Flickr for quite some time and it has inspired me to get out and hike to see all these great spots in Utah. Just hiked Kanarraville with my wife and had a blast. Many more trips planned for this summer. Can't wait. Really excited to be on this site.
Welcome to the site T-Mac we're happy to have you here!

Hello I'm zak. Kinda new to these forum things so I may be a slow learner. I don't even have facebook! Me and my wife have been doing some little backpacking trips for the last few years and decided to go quite a bit more last year. We visited escalate and I'm pretty sure that's my favorite place in Utah now. This year we are doing the highline trail over the week of the 24th of July so I will be visiting this site often to get ready. Good to be here and I love this site so far!

Hello I'm zak. Kinda new to these forum things so I may be a slow learner. I don't even have facebook! Me and my wife have been doing some little backpacking trips for the last few years and decided to go quite a bit more last year. We visited escalate and I'm pretty sure that's my favorite place in Utah now. This year we are doing the highline trail over the week of the 24th of July so I will be visiting this site often to get ready. Good to be here and I love this site so far!

Welcome, Zak! Escalante was where I did 99.9% of my desert backpacking at first. That place is addicting. Feel free to ask any questions on the workings of the forum.

Hola!

My real name is Alejandro, and I'm the only hiking Hispanic I know. Of course, I haven't hiked yet, sooo... But, I'm going later this summer! I'm going ultralight backpacking, hopefully in Munising, MI. I'll be on here pretty regularly, asking about how to get some starter equipment for cheap, how to get in shape, etc.

Nice to meet you! Encantado!

Hola!

My real name is Alejandro, and I'm the only hiking Hispanic I know. Of course, I haven't hiked yet, sooo... But, I'm going later this summer! I'm going ultralight backpacking, hopefully in Munising, MI. I'll be on here pretty regularly, asking about how to get some starter equipment for cheap, how to get in shape, etc.

Nice to meet you! Encantado!

Nice intro! Welcome!

I've been enjoying the posts here for a while now - I thought I might as well join up!

Thanks. I've been hiking for 20-some years now and just decided to get into technical canyoneering. I've taken a class and have lots of motivation, unfortunately I can't say the same for most of my friends. I'll just have to convince the wife to take the plunge. If anyone has suggestions as to where to find a good outfitter/guide in the Escalante area, I'd certainly appreciate it. I have most of the equipment already and I'm planning on putting it to some use on a trip into the Escalante canyons in about three weeks.

If anyone has suggestions as to where to find a good outfitter/guide in the Escalante area, I'd certainly appreciate it. I have most of the equipment already and I'm planning on putting it to some use on a trip into the Escalante canyons in about three weeks.

I've heard great things about Rick Green with Excursions of Escalante but haven't personally had any experience with them.

I finally signed up. I kept using the "I'll get it next time I am on there" line and finally did it (10 times later).

Great site BTW Nick.

Sam here,
This is a pretty cool forum. I don't even know exactly how I stumbled here, but here I am.
I am northern AZ born n' raised. Flagsaff is my home.
I got a kick out of the thread about nights spent in a sleeping bag, I am up to 11 this year, far below my average but buying a house, getting married and finishing my thesis have hindered our recreation a bit. Though my fiance and I just did five great days in southern utah. Those of you who are locals there are prettty spoiled. ( flagstaff is pretty sweet too though)
Thanks for being a cool community of backcountry nuts.
Cheers,
sheffe,
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk