Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

I found this through the iPad app "Tapatalk" which is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to getting and sharing ideas with everyone. I live in the Colorado Front Range, and my wife and I love backpacking whenever we have the time. I also enjoy ultimate frisbee!

Hey-o, I'm new here, hence the post in the noobie section...Glad I found this forum. There's a lot of good info here. I'm mostly interested in photography and creating imagery in the natural world. I'm always planning the next adventure and how to capture something different in-camera. Utah is THE best place for adventure and I have definitely taken advantage. The best part is I haven't even scratched the surface!

Hi all. Found the site through Tapatalk. I was a camper and hiker in Scouts growing up, then "life" took over. I've recently rediscovered the joy of hiking and backpacking with my kids both in my home state (Connecticut) and on our family vacation to Vermont. Learning about how things have evolved (and how some haven't) over the last 30 years is making for a fun adventure itself!

Howdy!
I'm Michael from Frankfurt, across the pond. I love hiking, backpacking, bonedocking and photography in the beautiful landscapes of Utah.

I went to your country this summer. It's Quite different from Utah, beautiful though. How often do you make it all the way over here?

I went to your country this summer. It's Quite different from Utah, beautiful though. How often do you make it all the way over here?

...since 1992 every year to the US - mostly western states.
From 2006 till now and the next future - Utah. :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC ARHD-9.4.1ST-One X mit Tapatalk 2

Howdy! I'm Josh, and am new to backpacking. I live in AZ and enjoy hiking the Superstition Wilderness. Outside of car camping and the hiking I do, I have no experience.

Out of the blue one day the wife said let's hike the Grand Canyon from rim to rim. That's how it began. We are in the process of getting our equipment and learning what we need. Hopefully this will turn into a hobby we (mainly her) enjoy.

On our bucket list is to complete The Way of St James. If you haven't seen the movie 'The Way' I recommend seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Josh, this is a great place for a beginner backpacker. I started backpacking this year and got a lot of help and info from the experienced members of this forum.

Howdy! I'm Josh, and am new to backpacking. I live in AZ and enjoy hiking the Superstition Wilderness. Outside of car camping and the hiking I do, I have no experience.

Out of the blue one day the wife said let's hike the Grand Canyon from rim to rim. That's how it began. We are in the process of getting our equipment and learning what we need. Hopefully this will turn into a hobby we (mainly her) enjoy.

On our bucket list is to complete The Way of St James. If you haven't seen the movie 'The Way' I recommend seeing it.

Thank you! I've been lurking for a few weeks and have read some good things. Looking to learn a lot!

IntrepidXJ keeps telling me about this place, our last three or four trips together he would bring it up, and I would take a mental note that would get lost somewhere in the dusty corners, along with my usual thought "so many forums, so little time". Until after this last trip together over Labor Day weekend, finally I remembered and looked it up, and it looks good.
Nice to see some other friends are here too, xjcrazed and DAA .
I've been hiking and biking the Wasatch since high school, and exploring S. Utah and beyond frequently the last fifteen years.

Jared.

So this is the Jared in all your photos Randy?! You're practically a celebrity on here xjblue! LOL! Welcome!

...since 1992 every year to the US - mostly western states.
From 2006 till now and the next future - Utah. :)
Wait, were you that guy who rented a jeep and got a 2-wheel drive model by mistake, and then got stuck cross-stream in a wash in Hole In The Rock Road about 2 years ago?

Hi Everyone :) I am an avid lover of the outdoors but am not in near the shape I need to be in to do all the adventures I wish I could. I appreciate people who are willing to share yours so I can live vicariously through you!