Guess the spot

Outdoor Fool, this is near Bonneville Pass in the Absarokas, right to the east of Brooks Lake.

Okay here now is the next one for everyone ... Enjoy!

p282479963-4.jpg

Artemus, Nope! It is Not Portage Glacier ... But it is up in Alaska at a popular tourist destination especially for those that go to Alaska via the cruise ships. The lake and the glacier have the same name. I camped here at a campground in the area for several days and had a wonderful time.

At first guess it looks like Aialik Glacier, Kenai Fjords NP, at slack tide.

EDIT: Based on your clues, I know it. I'll wait & let some others guess.

Last edited:
Artemus, Nope! It is Not Portage Glacier ... But it is up in Alaska at a popular tourist destination especially for those that go to Alaska via the cruise ships. The lake and the glacier have the same name. I camped here at a campground in the area for several days and had a wonderful time.
Nice photo, BTW.

Thankyou Artemus for the complement on the photo!

Well to keep this moving, I'll guess Mendenhall Lake & Glacier, just outside of Juneau. I will be away from photos to add to the thread for a while so if @Kmatjhwy wants to re-post something, go ahead.

You are correct Outdoor Fool. But you will be away and said to go ahead and post another ...okay I will. Thanks.

Here's another since Outdoor Fool will be away ... What Canyon is this?

p592467115-4.jpg

No Guesses .... This surprises me. The place of this canyon is in a Greater Wild Area in South Central Utah. There is another canyon near this canyon that is noteworthy for it's scenic attraction in Southern Utah. And technical canyoneers love it up this canyon.

No Guesses .... This surprises me. The place of this canyon is in a Greater Wild Area in South Central Utah. There is another canyon near this canyon that is noteworthy for it's scenic attraction in Southern Utah. And technical canyoneers love it up this canyon.
Maidenwater

Bob, Hi There! No it's not Maidenwater. Sorry!

Also Have been at work all day. This canyon is in the Greater Escalante Country for a hint..

Scott, No it is Not Neon or Baker Canyons. But it is close to Neon.

Have camped here in this canyon for days at a time. Sometimes would dayhike down to Neon and the Golden Cathedral. One can go up the canyon also thru it's several forks. On the benches above the canyon, would can find old arrowheads. And much Indian Rock Art on the walls in the area. Plus that wall in the photo, which in the photo is all in the shade, has some nice Indian Rock Art on the wall there. And up the canyon and around the bend in the photo, one comes to a nice nice alcove which can make for a nice camping spot. Also in this canyon is a great spring for water also when one is camping here.

Jmr, You are correct! It is Choprock Canyon. You're up and Go For It!

Sorry am replying to your answer so late, was tired last night and went to bed early.