Guess the spot

This is a much closer shot of the summit. The standard approach is on the other side of the ridge to the left of the peak.DSC00580.JPG

This is the view to the South from the summit. If this one doesn't help enough, I'll put up the view to the North in a while, and that should help a lot. And sorry for all the panos. I was really excited about that feature on my point-and-shoot because it was new when I did these hikes.
DSC00599.JPG

Last edited:
Getting closer. You could probably see Nebo on a very clear day from here.

@Art , directly East of Fossil Lake is Mount Dewey. I'm standing on top of it.

caltopo tells me this.
Bearing 154.7° True 143.4° Magnetic
Distance 8.709 km / 5.411 mi

and tell me, where, more specifically, have you been, near the south side of Granite.
I'll draw out my route for you when I get a moment.

Why you guys I oughta..... !!!! (an old Three Stooges reference that means you are in danger of physical harm).

And BTW I have forgotten more places than you can remember so give me a break. :moses:

Reactions: Ben
Just like I'm waiting for you to guess this spot, @Artemus. I know for a fact you've walked past it as part of a much larger walk.
You guys and your lakes. Always lakes! I don't even look down at those lakes. My eyes are up at the peaks and the heavens!

You guys and your lakes. Always lakes! I don't even look down at those lakes. My eyes are up at the peaks and the heavens!

I see some peaks in that photo.

Maybe you were just too focused the other direction when you walked through.

That's a really good hint, by the way.

Deadman Lake just west of Gabbro pass in the High and Wild Uintas Wilderness.

Finally, I got one!
So, my eyes turn to the heavens and not to the lakes to behold the awe-inducing face of the Devil.
Give me the peak name or even the name of the drainage I am standing in.
theDevil.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I recognize that is a hard one - because there is no lake in view.
These are the aptly-named Bull's Horns on Dome Peak. The right horn goes at III 5.9 and I have not climbed it. This view is from the New Fork trail standing in very impressive New Fork Park. Near the same spot three days later we came across 4 baby long-tailed weasels with no mother around the size of a lemon and full of teeth and vinegar :twothumbs:

Last edited:
Back