Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Wait a minute. The creek is named after the slot. That is unusual. The slot should be named after the creek if anything!
Ok, the slot is named after a well known creek in the area...
One more hint, it's not easy to spell lol

I never thought of the main fork of Trachyte as being a slot! Is that spot in your pic downstream of the 276 bridge? I've walked from the north fork junction below that down to the reservoir and never seen anything like that but I heard there was one little waterfall to bypass between there and the highway. Is that the one?

Here's the next photo...

IMG_0778.jpg

I never thought of the main fork of Trachyte as being a slot! Is that spot in your pic downstream of the 276 bridge? I've walked from the north fork junction below that down to the reservoir and never seen anything like that but I heard there was one little waterfall to bypass between there and the highway. Is that the one?

Here's the next photo...

View attachment 63065
Fremont river as it starts to exit CRNP

“I never thought of the main fork of Trachyte as being a slot! Is that spot in your pic downstream of the 276 bridge? I've walked from the north fork junction below that down to the reservoir and never seen anything like that but I heard there was one little waterfall to bypass between there and the highway. Is that the one?”

That’s the place...

Attachments

• DE59A650-BD1B-4949-9AF7-1BFB52E1AABE.jpeg
    DE59A650-BD1B-4949-9AF7-1BFB52E1AABE.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 19
Nope.

Another hint: this spot is in a National Monument but it used to be in a much larger one. The land on the other side of the river is of a very different designation.
The land on the other side is on the Rez?

I was just thinking about this thread the other day as I was out this way.

That boulder covered building is down by the San Juan River and the apparently infamous San Juan Hill. It could be closely tied to the Barton Trading Post? IDK, but yeah, down there where Comb Ridge meets the San Juan LOL

@Nick I responded fairly confidently but I've been confidently wrong before. Are there other boulder covered buildings I need to visit?

Reactions: Ben
LOL cool. I didn't want to just go charging into another round actually being incorrect.

Which canyon is this taken in?

--33.jpg

Back