Guess the spot: Utah Edition

I don’t know where it is, but I wish I was there. It kind of reminds me a little bit of part of electric lake.

My very first guess was Huntington or Miller Flat, but I can't make either one work. My internet's too slow to scale it. Maybe @Titans has an idea...

My very first guess was Huntington or Miller Flat, but I can't make either one work. My internet's too slow to scale it. Maybe @Titans has an idea...

Fairview Lakes! @Udink ‘s photo shows one full lake, but current Google map and Google Earth both show two partially filled lakes ;) , so this one took a while, ha…. He’s taking it up a notch! Very impressed @Rockskipper was within 4 miles, so if “Fairview Lakes” are correct I think she should go next :)

IMG_5762.png

No, if that's correct, you go ahead. I have such a poor internet connection I'm not sure I can even upload a photo.

That might be harder than one would think. Here’s an example. See if you can guess it.

A river flows through it, whoops here’s another river. That makes two rivers. One is smaller than the other. Next to their meeting spot is a cave where an old hermit lived. The area was once named after him, but now has the name given by Powell. The Meadow by the rivers is named for the old hermits horse. If you say this loud enough, it will echo. Name the spot.

ETA I just realized this might technically be in Colorado. See, I told you it was hard. OK carry on with the regular guess the spot.

Last edited:
Fairview Lakes! @Udink ‘s photo shows one full lake, but current Google map and Google Earth both show two partially filled lakes ;) , so this one took a while, ha…. He’s taking it up a notch! Very impressed @Rockskipper was within 4 miles, so if “Fairview Lakes” are correct I think she should go next :)

View attachment 132624
Fairview Lakes it is! Take it away...someone? :D

Is it somewhere off the Behind the Rocks / Pritchett Canyon Rd?
It's little more than an educated guess, as I recall those kinds of fins in that area, but it has been a couple decades since I have been in there.

Yes, It’s just off the Hidden Valley Trail (which is visible in the photo)! After checking in Gaia, it’s indeed in the Behind the Rocks Wilderness!

So team @Ugly and @Rockskipper - you’re up!

Yes, It’s just off the Hidden Valley Trail (which is visible in the photo)! After checking in Gaia, it’s indeed in the Behind the Rocks Wilderness!

So team @Ugly and @Rockskipper - you’re up!

Oh well, I was another canyon over still... just trying for the general area.
@Rockskipper was dead on, but if you are still in a much better place with less internet connection than I. I can post something :)

I will take the name of this place (or maybe the mountain range) where these chairs with a view are located.
I think they have seen better days.

IMG_8640.jpg

Back