Guess the spot: Utah Edition

well, I go by vibe cause I haven't memorized what the rock layers do in different locales like some of y'all have done, but I'm going Stevens C here

I figured that would go quick! That's the only broad area (Lower Escalante, east side) where I've seen the kayenta ledges completely eroded back exposing nice smooth bench walking on the top of the wingate.
Take it away @regehr!

Last edited:
not boulder creek. this one receives (I would guess) quite a lot more hiking traffic than Boulder Creek.

Thank you for getting me to think about this area again. It's been at the back of my mind for a while but never acted on it - your photo got me interested again.

Well.......Pleasant Creek comes to mind.:thinking:
@SteveR - very funny, ha... it's the second photo with the nice red walls we are guessing :) I bet you can narrow that down quickly!
(The first photo was obviously Pleasant Creek - the creek view from close to Regehr's spot).

Next, name this creek:
guess 2a-IMG_3087.jpg

Titans - thank you - have hiked along the creek also. Curious about a way down from the top of Waterpocket Canyon to the creek - would be a nice loop going up the slickrock expanse N of the creek and then down S to the creek - tried but got cliffed out at the top

Titans - thank you - have hiked along the creek also. Curious about a way down from the top of Waterpocket Canyon to the creek - would be a nice loop going up the slickrock expanse N of the creek and then down S to the creek - tried but got cliffed out at the top

Will PM you and @regehr

Well actually @Titans I was talking about the second photo, with the nice red walls, thinking that maybe you were trying to trick us!
Another guess might be Muddy Creek.

Back