Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Naomi Peak, Bear River Mountains. I could not figure out what you were blotting out until I found the peak, I was wondering, "What the hell are those???"

Reactions: Ben
Wow, that place looks GREAT! From the map, it was reminding me of Bitterrooty basins, but the compass orientation was wrong. (and it's too green too, from the aerial photo.) This one really intrigues me. That's an awesome looking spot.

Geez......... Really thought that would be a hard one..... Away from SUtah

Last day to Guess the Spot. I'll change it up tonight/tomorrow am.

It is south of Canada, west of the Dakotas, north of Colorado and east of Oregon/Washington.

I had never heard of the Big Snowy Range before - I had to go look it up. Funny, I've been relatively close before, but always head toward Missoula or Glacier once I'm out of Yellowstone or Beartooths. I don't know that area out there at all.

Dang, I was almost sure that was part of the Sawtooth ridge in the Bob Marshall, running between Mount Lockhart and Rocky Mountain. But I can't find that lake there. Hrrrrumph.

Dang, I was almost sure that was part of the Sawtooth ridge in the Bob Marshall, running between Mount Lockhart and Rocky Mountain. But I can't find that lake there. Hrrrrumph.
That guess is in the general vicinity! Not extremely close, but relatively close.

Hmmmm. When I first looked at it, the shape of those triangular peaks and the sheer western ridge connecting them reminded me of the topography in the Dawson-Pitamakan Pass area, lots of the peaks & ridges in south Glacier and the Bob have that configuration/shape/orientation....

I gotta go take care of dinner and head out to REI, maybe I'll have a chance to hunt some more later.

Back