Guess the spot: Maps Edition

Treeline around 9k... it looks for all the world like terrain in the Sawtooths, but I can't find the specific spot on the map. Also if it were in the Sawtooths, someone would have gotten it by now.

Selkirks?

Close but no. Maybe I'll add a hint later.

can't believe it took me this long to recognize it was the White Clouds. Ocalkens Lake at the top with Bighorn Basin just South of it. all unnamed peaks.

^that was quick.
I was already "in the neighborhood" in Caltopo looking for the previous one in the Pioneer Range :cool:. This game is great because it keep expanding my knowledge of random places I didn't really know existed.

This one should be fairly straightforward:
Guess Spot 4.png

OK, I was previously upset for all those posters featuring lakes saying I could do better at mountain-based puzzles.
Now I am thoroughly shamed to admit I have been clueless on the last several mountain locations.

I've never seen a "low gap". I have seen more "gunsight pass"es than I'd know what to do with though.

I wonder what the most common topographical name is. "Red canyon" seems to be up there with "sand" and "cottonwood" in the Colorado Plateau, and I couldn't even hazard a guess at how many "goat lake"s there are in Idaho.

I see Clear Creek, Blue Lake, and Chimney Rock a lot. There's more, but I can't think of them right now.

four days later, i still don't have the slightest clue. from the lack of guesses i'd imagine every on else might be the same.

The forgotten range strikes again!

If you're ok with dense scrub oak and no trails, this is the place for you. Melts out earlier than the Wasatch too...

Rocky Peak - Oquirrh Mnts

I've been wanting to check out this area for a few years now
Capture.JPG

The forgotten range strikes again!

If you're ok with dense scrub oak and no trails, this is the place for you. Melts out earlier than the Wasatch too...

I'm always scared of venturing into the Oquirrhs because of all the mining claims littered throughout. I've heard most of the landowners aren't very friendly...

Back