Cinemascapes

First attempt at using Lightroom Slideshow. Pics are from last April, Grand Staircase-Escalante NM...

I don't know if there's the appetite or interest for this, but I stumbled across this today and if you find yourself with 30 mins free time, I highly recommend watching it. I think it's one of the best and most powerful short documentaries I've seen. Two guys take what looks likes an incredible river trip down the Vjosa river, one of the last un-dammed rivers in Europe as it travels through the incredible mountain ranges, wide open plains and narrow canyons of Greece and Albania, exploring along the way the various threats from dam projects. The narration in particular is fantastic....

A documentary about the last free flowing river in Europe. Wilderness, free flowing river, species diversity, simple and loving people, exploring of the river valley, sleeping under the stars, whitewater kayaking and clear message why we have to fight for the rivers…

Great post @Dan_85. Surprised I haven't seen that one yet, I'm contacting them to submit it to the National Paddling Film Festival. Superb video.

I watched this one today and the cinematography blew me away. Put together by Patagonia. Tells the story of conflicting interests in the Jumbo Valley in BC. It's on Netflix, or you can pay to watch it on YouTube, I believe.
Thanks Jackson, that looks great. I will go find it and watch.

I don't know if there's the appetite or interest for this, but I stumbled across this today and if you find yourself with 30 mins free time, I highly recommend watching it. I think it's one of the best and most powerful short documentaries I've seen. Two guys take what looks likes an incredible river trip down the Vjosa river, one of the last un-dammed rivers in Europe as it travels through the incredible mountain ranges, wide open plains and narrow canyons of Greece and Albania, exploring along the way the various threats from dam projects. The narration in particular is fantastic....

Beautiful and poignant both, @Dan_85. Thanks for sharing it.

Great post @Dan_85. Surprised I haven't seen that one yet, I'm contacting them to submit it to the National Paddling Film Festival. Superb video.
Brandon, let us know if does get accepted so we can start looking around for the festival please.

Wonderful! Really!
My favorite human quote: "Backpacking itself is not the thing. The thing is the places you get to go to."

This is blowing me away. My buddy was telling me about this photographer friend Ace Kvale (just a couple weeks ago) who was going to take 60 days around his 60th birthday and hike around the Boulder area. I asked him to find out any info he could round up. I didn't realize this guy was going backpacking the whole time. This trip was way cool. Like it a lot!!

Brandon, let us know if does get accepted so we can start looking around for the festival please.

I handle the NPFF roadshow @Artemus, there are some groups in Utah that regularly schedule them. I'll let ya know.

Ace! I knew him when I lived in Boulder, UT. That guy is the epitome of adventure. Cool dude, and awesome dog. Follow their blog.

I posted the trailer for this a few pages back, the full short film is now available to watch...

Back