Bigfoot sightings in the Uintas Tales of the "unusual" in the woods

I don't have a Bigfoot story but did have an interesting experience in the Amethyst basin a decade or so ago. We (my two brothers and a friend) were staying at one of the lakes off the trail a bit, not too far after the fork. We got to camp late and set up in fading light so didn't get the area scouted out. That night I woke up at about 2 or 3 to my brother sitting up and a glow outside lighting up the tent. We opened the door a peeked outside and saw a fairly bright light in the distance. I tried not to get too worked up and figured someone must have been camped around us. My oldest brother (in the tent with me) and I were back asleep shortly. When I woke that morning there was absolutely no signs of anyone around and a decently steep downgrade toward the direction of where the light was, making it probably 20-30 feet off the ground. My other brother and our friend in the other tent were up longer and said the light would dim and fade and moved around slightly for a couple hours before finally fading away. They didn't get much sleep that night! o_O

I'm not a paranormal kind of guy and I am sure there is some kind of explanation but I can honestly say I have no idea what it could have been. Maybe Bigfoot found a headlamp and this is a Bigfoot story after all??

Devo, My X brother in law describes a VERY similar event happening to him near the east fork of the bear .... he goes up there every late spring to celebrate his birthday. He describes a bright light like you saw.. . a large undeniable light off in the distance, then He said it diminished to what you might eppxpect from a firefly, and "flittered around the camp like a fairy" darting in and out of the trees... hiding in the immediate underbrush around the campsite... it hung around for like 20 min... he said "It WASNT a fire fly" ... it started out like the light you describe, a large glow outside of camp.... he never could explain it , another of his friends witnessed the event as well

BIGFOOT SPEAKS! ok heres one for the unbelievers! aUS Navy Linguistics Expert has discovered LANGUAGE in bigfoot recordings... his team thinks these creatures even have individual NAMES they call each other by... This IS HUGE! Apparently, this guy got turned on to some hunters in Northern Ca, who have been visited year after year by Bigfoot at their hunting cabin, 9 miles from the nearest highway... They recorded the party... this Navy guy, found these creatures weren't just barking at each other like dogs might, but Identified a LANGUAGE.... it turns out, Bigfoot is speaking so freeking fast, humans cant digest it fast enough and it sounds like gibberish to us... This guy took the recordings and slowed them down by 50%....

he says they are absolutely cognizant, beings. that are conversing with each other! Youll hear him play the sounds at real time, then slow them down and your mind is gonna SPIN! Youll hear an argument between a couple, questions and answers between the creatures, even laughter, Fascinating report! if ya don't exist, ya cant have a language! this 30 min video is gonna blow you away! heres the link

They can't find any squach pooh DNA because Bigfoot chooses "the tucker method":)
actualy they HAVE found samples....one sight Ive come across claims they've extracted DNA from hair samples found in the field.....
The press release indicates:
“Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
Ketchum further indicates that this alleged hybridization occurred no more than 15,000 years ago. The press release also further clarifies:
“Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/bigfoot-dna/

BIGFOOT SPEAKS! it turns out, Bigfoot is speaking so freaking fast, humans cant digest it fast enough and it sounds like gibberish to us... This guy took the recordings and slowed them down by 50%....

he says they are absolutely cognizant beings that are conversing with each other! You'll hear him play the sounds at real time, then slow them down and your mind is gonna SPIN! You'll hear an argument between a couple, questions and answers between the creatures, even laughter, Fascinating report! if ya don't exist, ya cant have a language! this 30 min video is gonna blow you away!

So if I understand correctly, you're suggesting that a squatch brain is more efficient than ours? If I may quote Wikipedia , "(Language) is considered one of the most characteristic abilities of the human species - perhaps the most characteristic."

Thus, the breadth and depth of human language may be the thing that makes us the most advanced creature on this planet and if I understand what you are suggesting (sorry I didn't watch the video - a 1:09 video is too much time for me) is that, not only do they exist, but they have a much more efficient language than us? The brain power that our language takes is beyond the scope of a backpacking forum, but let me say if they do exist and do have a more efficient language than us, and by default a more efficient brain, why are they ones living in the woods and we're flying into outer space?

Do I think it's possible that squatches exist? Yes! Is it plausible? Unfortunately, no. As always, I respect your reasons for disagreeing.

So if I understand correctly, you're suggesting that a squatch brain is more efficient than ours? If I may quote Wikipedia , "(Language) is considered one of the most characteristic abilities of the human species - perhaps the most characteristic."

Thus, the breadth and depth of human language may be the thing that makes us the most advanced creature on this planet and if I understand what you are suggesting (sorry I didn't watch the video - a 1:09 video is too much time for me) is that, not only do they exist, but they have a much more efficient language than us? The brain power that our language takes is beyond the scope of a backpacking forum, but let me say if they do exist and do have a more efficient language than us, and by default a more efficient brain, why are they ones living in the woods and we're flying into outer space?

Do I think it's possible that squatches exist? Yes! Is it plausible? Unfortunately, no. As always, I respect your reasons for disagreeing.
well, Far be it from me to do the suggesting! (im just a truck driver! ) but yeah that's kinda where they were going with it....
heres a taste of what they were saying ,(the bigfeet) transcribed, from playback at 1/2 normal speed.... this was a conversation between 2 or 3 distinct voices surrounding the hunters cabin where it was recorded.... Bear in mind, this transcription was done by a US Navy Intelligence officer, an expert in Crypto Linguistics (A cryptologic linguist is primarily responsible for identifying foreign communications using signals equipment. Identifying and analyzing foreign communications,
  • Recognizing changes in transmission modes and tipping the appropriate authority
  • Providing translation expertise to analysts
  • Providing transcriptions and translations from foreign communications
Abbreviation Key
(rt) = transcribed at real-time
(75%) = transcribed at a speed other than 50%
(h) = human vocalization
(1-2m) = one or two words or syllables are missing or inaudible here
(int) = interrogative inflection
(dr) = Inflected as a direct response
(imp) = imperative inflection
(w) = whispered
(q) = very low audibility, quiet, almost imperceptible at normal speeds
(im) = human imitating a creature
(ma) = possible male Sasquatch Being
(fe) = possible female Sasquatch Being
(ju) = possible juvenile Sasquatch Being
(G) = grunt, growl or grumble, possible language
(W) = whistle or squeak, possible language
(SN) = snarl, possible language
(SC) = scream, possible language
(TP5) = tooth pop, number in sequence, possible language, not evident in BMT
(WK3) = wood knock, number in sequence, possible language
(RK4) = rock knock, number in sequences, possible language

BERRY TAPE I

Transcribed by R. Scott Nelson

Time Utterance

0:4.5 (W) (W)

0:8.62 (W) (W) (W)

0:15.11 RAM HO BÄ RÜ KHÄ HÜ

0:16.70 WAM VO HÜ KHÖ KHU′

0:17.52 NÖ U PLÄ MEN TI KHU

0:18.82 NÄR LÄ

0:20.21 NA GÖ KÜ STEP GÄ KÜ BLEM

0:21.25 Ü KÜ DZJÄ

0:21.76 FRrÄP E KHÜK LE

0:22.65 ÜN Ï KÜ O GÜ AKH (int)

0:23.85 DÖ WÄÏ NÖ (dr)

0:24.52 MÜ Ï FWI KÖ PÏ KHU′ SJ?

0:31.43 (ma) HU Ö NÖ> KHÄ HÜ

0:32.95 PLEN DÜTSJ TISJ

0:33.61 SÏ DZJAÖ GLÖ PÜ MËKH

0:34.90 PÄ KHÏ KÖ DÜ TÜ SEKSÏ

0:35.88 WA HEP DÜ TSJE DÜ FU HEP

0:36.95 (ma) FI KÜ ÄÏ> KHÜ′

0:44.80 FÄ LIP ÄBÄSJ KHU′

0:45.03 NE VER GÖ ? ÖM KHU′

0:47.03 FÖ WÄ Ï>

0:48.08 WA KHU? KVÄM

0:49.16 ITS KÄÏM VÄR US FO RI ZIS TENS

0:51.27 MÖ> FER BÏ KEN JÄ Ä VÄÖN SÏ RYK MI RO GHAP –
GÏ GO WYP

0:53.66 MÏ WÄTSJ FYD PLËN FYD NÜ AÖ> KHE KHU′

0:55.34 NÖ ÄÏ ÄKHSJ HÜ

0:57.13 (h) Come on, boy.

0:58.04 (h) Come on, let’s eat.

1:00.93 BÏ KAER FYL NAÖ PRÖS GYD

01.87 NÖÄ Ö JA LET KHE

02.99 MÖÏ PISJ FE KHE KHU′

that's not gibberish, THATS LANGUAGE!

and that's whats blowing this crypto linguist away Dr Ned! the definition of language! he says, all the earmarks are there... ... which makes Bigfoot the only other creature on earth other than Humans, to actually have the power of language.... not just audible signals.... but cognizant communication. (hey bob, lets go scare that human they call Nick... I saw him go down to the creek to pump water!" " ok Bert, that sounds like fun! shall we hide in the trees and make bug eyes at him? chuckle... Yeah! C;mon!"......stifled laughter~....

Haha! I'm sitting out here under a new moon reading this. No one around for at least 20 or 30 miles. Water on one side, vertical slickrock on the other and a bazillion stars over my head. Skin walkers, sasquatches and even cheemicowbras can't get to me here! :)

All I can say to you Nick is .................................... SKIN WALKER .............................................................:help:

Backwoods, you have way to much time on your hands.........................