Bigfoot sightings in the Uintas Tales of the "unusual" in the woods

Aaaaand they deleted my comment.

@backwoodsBob - If you're not a fan of them stealing your story, I'd be happy to submit a takedown to YouTube on behalf of BCP and you as a member. Maybe it's not a big deal to everyone, but I HATE it when people steal content.
Yeah you know what? Id support that.... I didn't intend to share that with the world just the folks here.... Of course, when ya post it on the internet....

Yeah you know what? Id support that.... I didn't intend to share that with the world just the folks here.... Of course, when ya post it on the internet....

Done. We'll see how long it takes for YouTube to pull it. Sure, you expect things to be out there once posted online, but it still doesn't give people the right to take it and go start making money off of it without your permission or knowledge.

Done. We'll see how long it takes for YouTube to pull it. Sure, you expect things to be out there once posted online, but it still doesn't give people the right to take it and go start making money off of it without your permission or knowledge.
yeah I WANT MY CUT! LOL...... Suddenly feeling like I have a few friends here.... THANK YOU Fellows!

Never say never. Can't say I've ever had a sasquatch experience, but I won't discount the possibility of a bipedal "something" out there that is yet to be officially discovered. After all, some fairly large mammal species have made it in this world largely undiscovered by humans until recent times, or if recognized, miscategorized specieswise. New species are found every single year. Yes, of course most of them are not very big, but still. Life is nothing if not persistent. Deforestation and new roads into formerly roadless areas are making such discoveries more likely. Have to say, if I was a bigfoot, I'd stay as far away from human discovery as I could.

As for weird experiences in the field, I've had a few in the desert. Frankly, I chalk them up to skinwalkers. There is one area of the desert east of Capitol Reef I'll never camp in again, not even with a group. And I'm not the only one who had freaky stories of that particular area. Widely agreed by a number of wilderness staff who worked around there that something truly bizarre lurks out there. I dunno what the heck it is for sure, but something unknown wanders out there, whether it's an animal or energy or just gullible imagination, and whatever it is, I want no part of it.

After all, There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

:)

Never say never. Can't say I've ever had a sasquatch experience, but I won't discount the possibility of a bipedal "something" out there that is yet to be officially discovered. After all, some fairly large mammal species have made it in this world largely undiscovered by humans until recent times, or if recognized, miscategorized specieswise. New species are found every single year. Yes, of course most of them are not very big, but still. Life is nothing if not persistent. Deforestation and new roads into formerly roadless areas are making such discoveries more likely. Have to say, if I was a bigfoot, I'd stay as far away from human discovery as I could.

As for weird experiences in the field, I've had a few in the desert. Frankly, I chalk them up to skinwalkers. There is one area of the desert east of Capitol Reef I'll never camp in again, not even with a group. And I'm not the only one who had freaky stories of that particular area. Widely agreed by a number of wilderness staff who worked around there that something truly bizarre lurks out there. I dunno what the heck it is for sure, but something unknown wanders out there, whether it's an animal or energy or just gullible imagination, and whatever it is, I want no part of it.

What HAPPENED? (Vincent Price music playing in the background..... )

:)

My specific experience was similar to yours in that abrupt I'M BEING WATCHED BY SOMETHING feeling. I'd gone off from the group to attend to some nature calling, around 9pm or so on a frigid January night. I had the exact same hair-raising sensation--the hairs literally stood up all over my body. So creepy. That was combined with dread/terror. I couldn't afford to be terrified, I had 8 kids and another staff sleeping nearby and had to hold it together, but yeah...it was eerie as all get out.

Over the years I've often wondered if a mountain lion was staring at me. I really don't know. But that feeling of dread, terror, and just a feeling of something very much *not* wanting me there was bizarre. It's similar to many peoples' experiences with skinwalkers or whatever in the deserts and canyonlands. Trust me, I've done a lot of research over the years out of curiosity. Like I said, dunno for sure, but I was happy to call it a skinwalker, say no prob, this place is all yours, I'm outta here, and never go back. Too many coworkers had very similar spooky-as-hell stories about that one specific area.

Eh, I'm getting the shivers right now just talking about it. I love the desert and feel very comfortable in it, day or night, any time of year. But that was a bizarre experience for me, one I've never had since. Then again, like I said I've never been back to that one spot again, either!

LOLOLOLOL! Yeah, I'm a little worried I'm about to have nightmares tonight myself... :eek:
chucleling at both of you....

Hey Ya~know, feelings or "perceptions" like that ought be givin a little credence in my mind... There was a spot on my truck route, up highway 20 in Idaho that was the prefect spot to catch a cat nap on night runs.... very innocent looking place, just a pullout along the highway with the Fall River right next to it and some willows and trees....

Some nights that place felt really peacefull.... on others Id pull in there, shut the buggy down, hop back in the sleeper and just start creeping out.... Npt a being watched feeling so much.... but a, something in the vibe of this place is out of ballence, and very uncomfortable. One morning I ran into a buddy who complained of a hard run out of Montana the previous day and I asked him, "why didn't you stop at the Fall River pull out then?" His reply sent a chill thru me... "I cant sleep there, the place is evil!" ..... I told him I frequently felt uncomfortable there too, and he agreed, asying, "some nights its ok, others , ...theres something there...." almost a decade later I learned from a retired local cop that that location had been the scene of a brutal murder around the time we started stopping there. Go figure!

My specific experience was similar to yours in that abrupt I'M BEING WATCHED BY SOMETHING feeling. I'd gone off from the group to attend to some nature calling, around 9pm or so on a frigid January night. I had the exact same hair-raising sensation--the hairs literally stood up all over my body. So creepy. That was combined with dread/terror. I couldn't afford to be terrified, I had 8 kids and another staff sleeping nearby and had to hold it together, but yeah...it was eerie as all get out.

Over the years I've often wondered if a mountain lion was staring at me. I really don't know. But that feeling of dread, terror, and just a feeling of something very much *not* wanting me there was bizarre. It's similar to many peoples' experiences with skinwalkers or whatever in the deserts and canyonlands. Trust me, I've done a lot of research over the years out of curiosity. Like I said, dunno for sure, but I was happy to call it a skinwalker, say no prob, this place is all yours, I'm outta here, and never go back. Too many coworkers had very similar spooky-as-hell stories about that one specific area.

Eh, I'm getting the shivers right now just talking about it. I love the desert and feel very comfortable in it, day or night, any time of year. But that was a bizarre experience for me, one I've never had since. Then again, like I said I've never been back to that one spot again, either!

That is creepy! I know of know actual attacks alleged from a sasquatch, except of course, in the the Jack Links commercial but that guy had it coming. :D So I don't know if seeing such a being would be as much to get nervous about. From others accounts, it sounds like they are more gentle and perhaps curious creatures, if they existed.

I still have lots to learn because I had to look up what a "skinwalker" was. That brought up a creepy "sighting" picture from someone in New Mexico. Reading up on a what a skinwalker is though, that would be something to be a bit more on guard for.

Where were you all camped out at? Out near Caineville?

Here ya go, from a webpage:

Navajo Skinwalker Legend
The Navajo skinwalker legend is one of the more complex and terrifying stories, steeped in mystery and evil intent.
skinwalker-155x300.jpg
Many Navajos believe firmly in the existence of skinwalkers and refuse to discuss them publicly for fear of retribution. They believe skinwalkers walk freely among the tribe and secretly transform under the cover of night.
The term yee naaldooshii literally translates to “with it, he goes on all fours.” According to Navajo legend, a skinwalker is a medicine man or which who has attained the highest level of priesthood in the tribe, but chose to use his or her power for evil by taking the form of an animal to inflict pain and suffering on others.
To become a skinwalker requires the most evil of deeds, the killing of a close family member. They literally become humans who have acquired immense supernatural power, including the ability to transform into animals and other people.
According to the Navajo skinwalker legend, these evil witches are typically seen in the form of a coyote, owl, fox, wolf or crow – although they do have the ability to turn into any animal they choose.
Because it is believed that skinwalkers wear the skins of the animals they transform into, it is considered taboo to wear the pelt of any animal. In fact, the Navajo are only known to wear two hides, sheepskin and buckskin, both of which are only used for ceremonial purposes.
Those who have talked of their encounters with these evil beings describe a number of ways in which a skinwalker will try to inflict harm. Some describe hearing knocks on the window or banging on the walls.
Others have spotted an animal-like figure peering in through a window. According to Navajo skinwalker legend, they are seldom caught. Those who do track a skinwalker and learn of their true identity must pronounce the name of the evil one in full. Once this happens, the skinwalker will get sick or die for the wrongs they have inflicted against others.

Comon Nick, knowledge is power.... :devil: Here is another, about the Ute Indians and a ranch near Duschene.......... close to the Uintas and the SE desert. Seems like a lot started with the ancient problems between the Ute and Navajo's.

http://www.rense.com/general77/skin.htm

Joe Rogan visited Skinwalker Ranch outside of Roosevelt, UT...they were pretty far from believable.
here's the link if you are wanting to see Skinwalker Ranch:
it starts at about the 30:00 mark

Ha, Parma, looks like we are on the same page......

Not saying they don't exist, there just needs to be more concrete proof.

Last edited:
I still have lots to learn because I had to look up what a "skinwalker" was. That brought up a creepy "sighting" picture from someone in New Mexico. Reading up on a what a skinwalker is though, that would be something to be a bit more on guard for.

Where were you all camped out at? Out near Caineville?
Yeah, sorry, I forget skinwalker isn't necessarily always a known term. We had the same sort of belief around here about not talking about them too much...just in case you called them in. ;) Seriously, though, even very modern Navajo are believers and just really will not discuss them. Definitely stuff you do *not* want to read about right before you head out for a wilderness trip somewhere in the Four Corners.

We would have been east of Capitol Reef, east off Notom Road. Northwest of Steele Butte (which btw has a kiva somewhere that I never made it to, sadly enough). The area is more known for its ancient Fremont Indian ruins, but it's been proven long-ago Navajo scouts were occasionally in the area as well over the centuries. It's not really somewhere anyone would necessarily choose to hike, so I doubt anyone on this board is likely to camp in the same haunted(?) place. :) Part of an old wilderness program course area, so I don't want to give more details publicly. But if you're really interested you can pm me and I can give some vaguely more detailed info. I'd really have to go back there to remember the exact spot, though. And I'm not going back there. Heh.

Edited to add: Skinwalker Ranch is pure fiction as far as I'm concerned. Made for reality horse-puckey tv. Search the real stuff. Plenty out there to read about.

'The vortex has converged' for you Nick. Not a full moon though. :help: