Album Weather, Storms and Clouds

Is there a way to keep your phone shutter open for long exposures? I'm using a DSLR, but if there's an app to do it on an iphone I'd be interested in learning...

I have a new Samsung 9 and I can put the camera into PRO mode and control the settings like an SLR.

Here's an app for Iphone. There are many.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slow-shutter-cam/id357404131?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=8

Here are some Bluetooth triggers. I have #2.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-iphone-camera-remotes/

3a5926a6a25b0a273ee3812eb24ef40a.jpg

a650458b39a9443ee88d2da319e78c98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a view of the Great Salt Lake is especially nice this time of year. I don't usually get out my real camera for the sunsets from home, but this made me change my mind a few days ago. Unfortunately, I hadn't figured out some important functions of my new camera very well and didn't have a trigger, so it's a little blurry, but you get the point.

DSC03826-Edit.jpg

Wouldn't have even noticed the focus if you hadn't said anything. The star of the show is clear as day, er, night, er... you know what I mean ;)

It's not actually the focus. I couldn't find the 2 second timer so it's just a little shake from manually triggering the long exposures. Some were worse than others...

Nice shot Nick. I was up the hill shooting the same storm tonight but got started a bit too late. The dust kicked up as the storm approached and really obscured a lot of the strikes.

Had a storm blow over while I was camping on Grand Mesa. Pounding rain, a bit of slush, lightning. I sat up and watched through the windshield for a bit as the lightning moved south. Suddenly, I realized that the rain had stopped but the lightning wasn't stopping, and was still within perfect view. With quite the flurry of activity, the tripod came out, I found my way out of my sleeping bag (the zipper is becoming a bother) and I stumbled outside to giddily catch some lightning pics.

Started out with the shutter open a bit too long, a bit blown out.
--14.jpg--17.jpg

Then dialed it in. It was awesome to watch. I love lightning, truly hard to believe I used to be terrified of it. My camera also caught a neat time lapse effect with the clouds that I didn't expect. But that would be a lot of dark, ho mummy pictures to share...

--20.jpg--21.jpg--30.jpg--32.jpg