Album Weather, Storms and Clouds

We had a weird red cloud pass over us in the middle of the day. Only thing I could guess was a wildfire starting somewhere in the region. There is a fire in the Gila mountains that started the day before the cloud showed up.

20180523_174654.jpg

Went for about a 4 hour storm chase last night. Far as an actual storm chase, it was about as lame as my usual efforts, but toward evening I got some nice sunset shots. These were taken in totally non-backcountry spots in the general area of West Point, NE.

The first two are panoramas, I think both of 4 shots.

060618-21-L.jpg

060618-38-L.jpg

060618-7-L.jpg

060618-36-L.jpg

The shots of the rainbow and the mammatus clouds are really nice,

I also went storm chasing in a manner of sorts - drove across town to get a better view of a storm that I thought was coming. The first picture was that storm. It was 60 miles away near Columbus, NE when the picture was taken and was dying down. But fire flies were out (the green blobs in the picture) so I let the camera run. As I was thinking about going back home a storm was building in the east over Omaha. As it gained strength it moved toward Lincoln. The last 3 pictures are from that storm.
P6064025.jpg

P6064021.jpg

P6064029.jpg

P6064051.jpg

No, just a cheap remote trigger. I just left the trigger open and set the camera to take continuous 15 second exposures for about 45 minutes. I ended up with 150+ unusable pictures, and about 5 or 6 decent ones. LOL

That's great. I just got a remote trigger for my phone and can't wait to use it when the monsoon hits.

That's great. I just got a remote trigger for my phone and can't wait to use it when the monsoon hits.

Is there a way to keep your phone shutter open for long exposures? I'm using a DSLR, but if there's an app to do it on an iphone I'd be interested in learning...

You folk's lighting pictures are amazing! I've used burst mode on my phone camera to capture a few lighting strikes. I just point it in the right direction and hope for the best... and then spend an hour deleting all the pictures that didn't capture anything. Anyway this one is probably the best one I've grabbed. Sorry... it's very heavily processed with Google Photos slider bars chosen more or less at random, but I promise there is a lighting bolt in there somewhere...

the amateur hour.jpg