Album Weather, Storms and Clouds

I guess this fits in here best

Towering thunderstorm clouds on Specimen Ridge in Yellowstone while a herd of Pronghorn just stopped at the right time for scale.

pronghorn%20and%20towering%20storm%20clouds%20copy-XL.jpg

It's not often I'm getting shots of lightning in October, but a line of storms rolled through tonight and gave me a short opportunity.

That blew through here too. Radar said that it extended from the KS/NE border up into Canada. It arrived here with 75 mph straight-line winds. There was lots of lightning here too. I tried to get some pictures but they were all blurry. Couldn't keep the tripod stable enough in the wind. Yours turned out great though

These are from a few weeks ago out my back yard. Question for the more experienced photographers here, how do I get the foreground to show up better? Everything I tried to lighten up the foreground just blew out the lightning. I'm obviously not very experienced at post processing. LOL

226379555_10158581206137686_2863029641024198027_n.jpg226894576_10158581206152686_8883928949436342916_n.jpg

These are from a few weeks ago out my back yard. Question for the more experienced photographers here, how do I get the foreground to show up better? Everything I tried to lighten up the foreground just blew out the lightning. I'm obviously not very experienced at post processing. LOL

Really cool captures! Not sure what you have tried, but I'd start with just increasing the shadows. If that's not enough, you can also increase the exposure slightly and take down the highlights to offset that. The first shot is a little dark but still fine, I think that second shot has enough foreground already. If you do too much it will just become grainy anyway. Good job!

You could combine two shots w/ different exposures. I'd be tempted to erase what lights you have in the foreground, as having a dark foreground would make the lightning more dramatic.

You could combine two shots w/ different exposures. I'd be tempted to erase what lights you have in the foreground, as having a dark foreground would make the lightning more dramatic.
Agreed, the house lights are distracting from the subject, just black those out and they would be good. :thumbsup: