To Do in 2021

OwenM

Cumberland Island's in Georgia, and I can be in Canada in about the same time as Cayo Costa.

beaver-one

I'll be in Isle Royale National Park in June and Yellowstone in July! Going to be doing my first off-trailing trip ever in Yellowstone... excited !

fossana

Due to an unplanned hip replacement my 2021 recreation schedule was up in the air, but 1.5 weeks out I appear to be on an accelerated recovery timeline (I hiked 11 miles last week :) ) so here it goes:
  • Be in sufficient alpine shape to hike/scramble an easy peak in the Sierra by the end of June
  • Sierra or Winds death march and/or backpacking trip dependent on fire conditions
  • Escalante/Glen Canyon, Bears Ears, or Grand Canyon backpacking trip in the fall
  • Grand Canyon 20+ miler in a day (Rim-to-Rim or equivalent) in Oct with friends
  • Bridge Mt in Zion
  • At least one overnight bikepacking trip
  • Build a climbing wall/crack simulator at my house and get my upper body back into climbing/canyoneering shape
  • Actually use a reasonable allotment of my "unlimited" PTO

scatman

Due to an unplanned hip replacement my 2021 recreation schedule was up in the air, but 1.5 weeks out I appear to be on an accelerated recovery timeline (I hiked 11 miles last week :) ) so here it goes:
  • Be in sufficient alpine shape to hike/scramble an easy peak in the Sierra by the end of June
  • Sierra or Winds death march and/or backpacking trip dependent on fire conditions
  • Escalante/Glen Canyon, Bears Ears, or Grand Canyon backpacking trip in the fall
  • Grand Canyon 20+ miler in a day (Rim-to-Rim or equivalent) in Oct with friends
  • Bridge Mt in Zion
  • At least one overnight bikepacking trip
  • Build a climbing wall/crack simulator at my house and get my upper body back into climbing/canyoneering shape
  • Actually use a reasonable allotment of my "unlimited" PTO

So how did your hip feel after the 11 miles?

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
not sure if I can hit my goal of 1,000 hiking miles this year. My knee isn't healing, even 7 months after my severe injury I still have a lot of pain and trouble hiking more than 8 miles. I guess I just have to accept that I can only walk and hike short trips in the future.
It's a bummer but well, you get to this point in your life, some like me get there early, others later.