- Aug 9, 2007
Driving home from my New Years trip a day early to avoid a big snowstorm. Seems like a good time to revisit this thread and see how we all did!
- Camp every month. I've somehow missed this so many years now. Last year I camped on Dec 31 and Feb 1 but missed January! The year before that I missed MAY! - Missed February!
- 50+ bag nights. Dialing it back a bit from 70 in 2018, but maybe... Yep. 64!
- Camp for the first time in New Mexico, California, Alaska and Canada Yes to California, Alaska and Canada. No to New Mexico.
- Visit Yellowstone in the spring Nope.
- A little canyoneering - Not with ropes, so no.
- 2 weeks rafting the Tatshenshini-Alsek in July Yep!
- 10 day road trip in August (probably Northern California) No. Ended up going on a week long Glen Canyon trip instead.
- A week long, wife-friendly, raft trip in the spring. Hopefully the full lower San Juan from Sand Island to Clay Hills if I can snag a permit - Nope, but got lots of other rivers in.
- Raft the Colorado through Westwater Canyon Yes!
- Raft the Snake through Alpine Canyon Nope.
- At least two good, long backpacking trips. Most likely desert trips. I have a handful on my list, I'd be happy with any of them. I didn't do any actual; backpacking this year! The closest was a kayak overnight on the San Rafael.
- Explore more of the area north of Capitol Reef and west of Muddy Creek Yep.
- More Bears Ears - Only spent one night in the area, but technically yes.
- More Gold Butte - Yep.
- Long end of year trip over Christmas and New Year's Eve. Or at the very least NYE. Yep! And we made it all the way to Mojave Preserve to get a California bag night in.